Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] The Cause of Tornadoes.

  • foryeshua1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 10, 2002
      Fred, What you believe about rigs now being hit are all based upon the
      fact that they ALL have been cased for the purpose of keeping charges
      from moving from the surrounding earth being drilled through. Ask an oil
      driller and he will verify what I say. Walter

      On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:17:10 -0000 fredwx <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      writes:
      I would be interested in seeing your reference regarding oil rigs
      being hit by lightning or tornadoes more than any other similar
      structure - other than they are tall metal structures extending up
      above a flat open surface in Tornado Alley. Like any other tall
      building, lightning is a threat but I do not believe oil rigs are hit
      more often.
      Fred

      Service.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 19, 2002
        I am no expert on the subject. However I have read the Lindzen, Fu
        and Hartmann papers and think I know enough to apply EMFs to the
        cloud dynamics via cirrus IR forcings in a meaningful manner.

        Even if high clouds lead to relative heat stability heat loss leads
        to cooling, more dense and falling air. RELATIVELY speaking, the
        contrasts create instability.