Ozone hole link and comments

  • mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Ozone hole link and comments

      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
      tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020930/ap_wo_en_po/sci_shrinking_ozone_hole_1

      Comments:

      Warmer oceans and a double peak flaring and CME--means that the
      circumpolar current is both conductive and taking in large quantities of
      protons. HOWEVER, the circumpolar is not all that is going on there in
      Antarctica--there is the countercurrent or eddy near the boots of both S.
      America and Antarctica--interestingly where both b-21 and b-22 broke off
      and very warm anomalies, up to 5 degrees C., have been recorded. There,
      induction patterns enhance cirrus--and so you really have very strong
      ability for local Doran waves to be produced. My view is this is what is
      splitting the ozone layer. Ozone, as you all know, is an ion in the
      ionosphere, and is inherently electrical.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        > Ozone, as you all know, is an ion in the ionosphere, and is
        inherently electrical.<

        If I remember correctly, ozone is O3, whereas normal molecular oxygen
        is O2. I may be forgetting my high school chemistry, but I though
        molecules by nature had to be electrically neutral.