Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Solar Activity Report for 7/10/02

  • foryeshua1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 14 10:49 AM
      David, The poles in place I mentioned is that I found in the news a
      pole in place somewhere in Alaska I believe,which was left sticking up
      above ground. When I saw that the aurora was shifting wildly around the
      North pole area I knew that the only way it could do that is if the
      source of the SE were coming from that area and being there to be lit up.
      That meant many more in place poles.
      As far as being close to the magnetic pole, it wasn't. It was
      over the proximity of the geocentric North pole. The three areas
      mentioned before on the corners of the triangle North ice cap were the
      most likely places. The approximate place of the North Mangnetic pole at
      that time was somewhere down toward Canada. Walter

      On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 04:45:48 -0000 "David" <b1blancer1@...>
      writes:
      First of all, let me address the rocks incident you referred to. I
      don't think that's its all that unusual for a megnetic compass to
      deviate or even spin around when in the presence of magnetic rocks. I
      can show you on aeronautical navigation charts where the issue
      warnings that state that magnetic compass readings will be inaccurate.
      If the pilot's compass that you mention did indeed spin around, then
      I would suggest that it was either because he was in the presence of
      magnetic rocks, or very close to the magnetic pole itself. I imagine
      a compass would do all kinds of weird things when in direct proximity
      to the magnetic pole.

      Now as far as Earth rotation, why is it necessary to have some
      external force causing it? Newton's first law of motion says that an
      object in motion will remain in motion. You talk about some kind of
      artificial magnetic poles being installed. Do you have any evidence
      of that?

      Sorry, but the whole SE idea makes no sense at all to me.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor