Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Rings around the Earth??

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12 10:08 PM
      > If the earth was completely frozen where did the life survive? Land
      plants
      > and trees don't grow well in the ocean.
      > Land animals either.
      >
      > Kirk

      Beats the heck outta me! I'm assuming they don't mean that it was
      literally a solid impenetrable sheet of ice.
    • foryeshua1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13 10:01 AM
        I would reject the idea that the earth could have been frozen over its
        whole surface. If the SE causes the ice to form as I believe it does, it
        will only freeze two spots at the same time. The North and South poles.
        Walter

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13 8:30 PM
          --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., foryeshua1@j... wrote:
          > I would reject the idea that the earth could have been frozen over its
          > whole surface. If the SE causes the ice to form as I believe it
          does, it
          > will only freeze two spots at the same time. The North and South poles.
          > Walter
          > On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:07:24 -0600 "kirk" <kirk@3...> writes:

          I must admit that I had heard of the "snowball earth" theory before.
          It does sound a bit hard to believe.