    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2002
      Sunspot region 95 fired off a major X1.5 flare on Friday, continuing
      the relatively active period that has been going for quite a while
      now. A short-lived radio blackout over North America and Europe was
      the result, although it doesn't look like their was a CME associated
      with the event. More major flares are a possibility from this active
      sunspot region, and solar activity is forecasted to remain at moderate
      levels. A coronal hole has rotated into an Earth-pointing position.
      We should start receiving high-speed solar wind gusts from it Monday
      or Tuesday.

      IMF Orientation : 0.6 nT North

      Space weather for the next 24 hours is expected to be minor. Radio
      blackouts reaching the R1 level are expected.

      Solar Activity Forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be at moderate levels. Regions 87 and 95
      have the potential to produce an isolated major flare.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to unsettled levels
      throughout the period.

      30-Aug-2002 1329Z X1.5
      29-Aug-2002 1252Z M3.2
      29-Aug-2002 0506Z M1.8
      29-Aug-2002 0253Z M1.6
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
        Thanks for the report, B-1.

        Have been doing a lot on tropical storms and interesting how the
        weekend SOI data just came in with -4.5 all weekend! I think
        flaring/CME is leveling and we well start to see a tropical storm
        season in the Atlantic. The next few months are going to be very
        interesting.