[Methane Hydrate Club] Re: (no subject)

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27 8:48 PM
      You're right, a search of "planet x" did produce a lot of hits.
      However, the very first item on the list returns contains the
      following, which pretty much lays to rest Planet X :

      " There is no known Planet X or 10th planet in our solar system.
      Scientists have been looking for about a hundred years. It was
      believed that such a planet was required to explain the orbital
      characteristics of the outer planets Uranus and Neptune. Many searches
      have been performed and, to date, no evidence of such a planet has
      emerged. In addition, better information about the masses of outer
      planets has also now shown that no other planets are necessary to
      explain the planetary orbits."

      http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question4.html
    • kirk
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27 9:29 PM
        I have some material written by a Phd re evidence for another body.
        If you are interested I'll OCR it.

        Kirk

        You're right, a search of "planet x" did produce a lot of hits.
        However, the very first item on the list returns contains the
        following, which pretty much lays to rest Planet X :

        " There is no known Planet X or 10th planet in our solar system.
        Scientists have been looking for about a hundred years. It was
        believed that such a planet was required to explain the orbital
        characteristics of the outer planets Uranus and Neptune. Many searches
        have been performed and, to date, no evidence of such a planet has
        emerged. In addition, better information about the masses of outer
        planets has also now shown that no other planets are necessary to
        explain the planetary orbits."

        http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question4.html

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29 10:18 PM
          --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., "kirk" <kirk@3...> wrote:
          > I have some material written by a Phd re evidence for another body.
          > If you are interested I'll OCR it.
          >
          > Kirk

          Sure! I'd be interested in seeing it.
        • kirk
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 29 10:36 PM
            I'll see if I can do it this weekend. I think you will find it interesting.
            The guy is a legitimate physicist, no moonbeam stuff.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30 10:03 PM
              --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., "kirk" <kirk@3...> wrote:
              > I'll see if I can do it this weekend. I think you will find it
              interesting.
              > The guy is a legitimate physicist, no moonbeam stuff.
              >
              > Kirk

              Thanks Kirk. Even though NASA's position is that there is no 10th
              planet, there are some legitimate scientists who think their might be.