Re: (no subject)

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2002
      > The person I talked to also said that the Bible
      > has records which would support the 3,300 year orbit story.

      I'm not familiar at all with anything in the Bible that would support
      this? Please provide the verses your friend is referring to.

      > Guesses like, "The earth turns on its axis
      > because it always has, by momentum." which because it was not
      confronted as
      > unreasonable, had become accepted.

      That's because its true. Think of something as heave as a planet and
      turn it at 1000 mph, and you have a tremendous amount of momentum.
      Even so, the Earth is in fact gradually slowing down in its rotation
      due to tidal drag. Every few years a "leap second" is added to
      re-synchronize the atomic clocks to Earth's rotation.

      >Here is another one, "Gravity is what
      > holds the planets in orbit". "Gravity" has no rules which describe
      why the
      > planets are arranged in a flat circular pattern, nor demonstrates
      why the
      > planets all go in the same direction around the Sun, nor why the
      total lined
      > up configuration of the planets known as Perigy syzigy, does NOT
      cause the
      > building up of momentum that would combine force and be much more of a
      > problem IF the definition of gravity were consistent with observed
      phenomena.

      Well, I have no idea what Perrigy Syzigy is. However, gravity has
      nothing to do with why the planets are all in a relatively flat disk,
      and going in the same direction. It has to do with the way the solar
      system was formed originally.

      > It occurs to me that if NASA is tracking this threat
      that it is a
      > known threat that needs to be confronted. Walter

      They aren't. I would like to see if you have proof to the contrary,
      however.