    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2002
      The Earth is exiting the high speed solar wind stream that it has been
      inside of for several days. The respite may be only temporary,
      however, as another coronal hole is just now crossing the sun's
      central meridian. As mentioned in my last report, it may be situated
      too far south to affect us here, but my guess is that we will see at
      least some mild solar wind gusts from it. If we do see anything from
      it, it will be on or about the 16th. Sunspot region 30 has grown
      quite dramatically and now covers over a dozen Earth diameters from
      end to end. Although it has been relatively quiet over the last 2
      days, it looks like it has the potential of generating a major flare.

      IMF Orientation : 1.6 nT South

      Space weather for the next 24 hours is expected to be minor. Radio
      blackouts reaching the R1 level are expected.

      Solar activity forecast :
      Solar activity is expected to be at moderate levels. There is a chance
      that Region 30 could produce another major flare.

      Geomagnetic activity forecast :
      The geomagnetic field is expected to be at predominantly quiet to
      unsettled levels through day one. Days two and three may experience
      periods of active conditions due to a favorably positioned coronal
      hole.