Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Explanation please

  • Ed Boik
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
      Central Illinois. Peoria, Illinois more specifically.

      Up till June 15 we were in a very wet, and cool pattern. then
      abruptly, it was 90-96 daily with dewpoints between 70-80. Since then,
      I think we've registered a Trace of Precip and temperatures have been on
      average 10-13 degrees above normal, Except for today. Today is much
      cooler, but is still humid.

      I used to watch forecast maps daily, but havn't had time in the last 3
      months. I can usually pick out patterns, but i'm interested in how
      these electrical theories come into play with other regions weather. A
      lot of focus has been put on significant events and the tropics.

      >>> mike@... 07/10/02 10:36AM >>>
      Where specifically are you in the Midwest, Ed?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
        Ed,

        I may be talking about the tropics but the idea of EMF and cirrus and
        hydrology and Doran waves in a way has a starting point there.

        That said, for instance, we were talking about the hydrology of the Great
        Lakes. How the past three years up to this spring the Great Lake levels
        have been low.

        That those low levels matched lows in the 1960s, then to the 1930s.
        Well, if you look at the Mississippi delta back then it was really being
        changed by human activity. That would impact the health of the biosphere
        in the GOM and hence reduce Doran waves . . .

        But now the problem isn't so much the GOM but the Gulf of California and
        the Asian dams, like Three Gorge, IMHO. So the Midwest it would appear
        you are hit from many directions . . .

        And this doesn't even mention stuff like ENSO and the MJO which also are
        appearing to be EMF oscillations, or flaring/CMEs and SOx from volcanic
        activity, or even CO2 from human activity and what that does to the
        biological cycles, or what warmer oceans mean to the induction and EMF
        movements in the oceans themselves . . .

        I have a feeling that the ideas behind IR balances from clouds and EMFs
        are going to really catch on, and once they do models will be constructed
        that more fully capture the essance of what is occurring, and your
        question will be better answered. Right now, all I myself can do is make
        crude predictions based roughly on how the biological conditions are and
        direct observations of Doran waves or the MJO or SSTs and so forth.

> [...]
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
        > methanehydrateclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <BR>
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > <BR>
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]<BR>
        > <BR>
        > </tt>

        > <tt>
        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
        > methanehydrateclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
        > <BR>
        > </tt>

        > <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a

      • mike
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
          BTW, nothing you describe here is not consistant with a very
          hydrologically and biologically active Mississippi and GOM feeding back
          EMF patterns that enhance cirrus and water content in the air . . .

          > Central Illinois. Peoria, Illinois more specifically.<BR>
          > <BR>
          > Up till June 15 we were in a very wet, and cool pattern.  then<BR>
          > abruptly, it was 90-96 daily with dewpoints between 70-80.  Since
          > then,<BR>
          > I think we've registered a Trace of Precip and temperatures have been
          > on<BR>
          > average 10-13 degrees above normal, Except for today.  Today is
          > much<BR>
          > cooler, but is still humid.<BR>
        • fredwx
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
            I live on the West Coast of Florida (Tampa Bay) and the rainy season
            began here around the 15th. Prior to that it had been very warm and
            dry. I suspect that the Prevailing Azores-Bermuda High was over
            Florida and the Gulf of Mexico prior to the 15th and finally drifted
            northward allowing the deep tropical moisture back into Florida and
            northward (return flow) across the Midwest.

            Service.

          • foryeshua1@juno.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
              Fred, Sharon and I are going to go to Florida in the next few weeks. I
              wonder if you would like to get together and chew some ideas. Dr. Wally

              Service.

            • fredwx
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 11, 2002
                Where will you be going in florida? Perhaps we can meet up somewhere
                once you are down here.

                Service.

              • foryeshua1@juno.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 11, 2002
                  Fred, We are going to meet my wife's son that lives in Cape Coral,
                  sometime in the next few weeks to a couple of months. I will tell you
                  when we are coming when I know. Walter

                  Service.

                • pawleewurx
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 15, 2002
                    first of all to Mr. Boik, hello neighbor! i share your inquiry from
                    down here in Decatur IL as it has been hot, dry and extremely
                    uneventful. looking at how this year has panned out overall compared
                    to last across the nation, it almost seems identical only this time
                    around "allison" has struck W TX versus the gulf coast (there's a
                    point to ponder!). the W wildfires i guess you could say are
                    the "wildcard" but the W only got to this point this year because of
                    a dry year last as well and this time around the landscape finally
                    hit her flash point. it seems that after the extreme activity of 1998
                    around here, 1999 through 2001 has progressively slowed down. if you
                    go to http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/torn.htm and have a look at the
                    number of tornado reports for each year (though this is not
                    necessarily an appropriate measure of overall wx activity), there is
                    definitely a pattern going on. the question for us i think is i
                    wonder if 2002 being the most quiet year yet is the bottom and we
                    will begin picking up in activity or if it will be even more quiet.
                    October 24, 2001 was indeed an anomoly for as you may recall, the NWS
                    issued a PDS warning for our region which was most unusual for the
                    time of year but did culminate in an F2 over Monticello causing a
                    great deal of damage not to mention regional straightline wind damage
                    reports. days like those don't necessarily factor into the big
                    picture but i say even though "all's quiet here", i don't think any
                    of us should let our guard down. i have noticed that our daily
                    temperatures ranges for our region despite it being July have been
                    fluxtuating dramatically between daytime highs and nighttime lows.
                    that to me is something to pay attention to because last year i don't
                    recall that occurring too much through July even though it may be an
                    insignificant factor and i am having one of those "Bill Paxton i can
                    talk to tornado moments" LOL!. in all seriousness though considering
                    that S IL got slammed in April and May with heavy heavy rain as well
                    as damaging winds and then N IL has had quite a few doozies through
                    June and the early part of July, my hunch is that we'll get ours yet,
                    it's just a matter of time. last year during those same times we had
                    a number of "training" storms causing a good deal of localized
                    flooding over my part of Central IL whereas this year we haven't.
                    time will tell but nature always balances herself over every area
                    eventually, it's just all a matter of where and when... best regards!

                    http://www.pawleewurx.com