Explanation please

  • Ed Boik
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
      Could someone here please explain the summer pattern of late in the
      Mid-west. For about 2-3 weeks, nothing but hot, humid and dry. Prior
      to that it was cool and fairly wet.

    • mike
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
        Where specifically are you in the Midwest, Ed?

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
          Central Illinois. Peoria, Illinois more specifically.

          Up till June 15 we were in a very wet, and cool pattern. then
          abruptly, it was 90-96 daily with dewpoints between 70-80. Since then,
          I think we've registered a Trace of Precip and temperatures have been on
          average 10-13 degrees above normal, Except for today. Today is much
          cooler, but is still humid.

          I used to watch forecast maps daily, but havn't had time in the last 3
          months. I can usually pick out patterns, but i'm interested in how
          these electrical theories come into play with other regions weather. A
          lot of focus has been put on significant events and the tropics.

          >>> mike@... 07/10/02 10:36AM >>>
          Where specifically are you in the Midwest, Ed?

          > Could someone here please explain the summer pattern of late in
          the<BR>
          > Mid-west. For about 2-3 weeks, nothing but hot, humid and
          > dry. Prior<BR>
          > to that it was cool and fairly wet.<BR>
          > <BR>
          > <BR>
          > <BR>
          > <BR>
          > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]<BR>
          > <BR>
          > </tt>

          > <tt>
          > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
          > methanehydrateclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
          > <BR>
          > </tt>

          > <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
          > href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of
          > Service</a>.</tt>

        • mike
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
            Ed,

            I may be talking about the tropics but the idea of EMF and cirrus and
            hydrology and Doran waves in a way has a starting point there.

            That said, for instance, we were talking about the hydrology of the Great
            Lakes. How the past three years up to this spring the Great Lake levels
            have been low.

            That those low levels matched lows in the 1960s, then to the 1930s.
            Well, if you look at the Mississippi delta back then it was really being
            changed by human activity. That would impact the health of the biosphere
            in the GOM and hence reduce Doran waves . . .

            But now the problem isn't so much the GOM but the Gulf of California and
            the Asian dams, like Three Gorge, IMHO. So the Midwest it would appear
            you are hit from many directions . . .

            And this doesn't even mention stuff like ENSO and the MJO which also are
            appearing to be EMF oscillations, or flaring/CMEs and SOx from volcanic
            activity, or even CO2 from human activity and what that does to the
            biological cycles, or what warmer oceans mean to the induction and EMF
            movements in the oceans themselves . . .

            I have a feeling that the ideas behind IR balances from clouds and EMFs
            are going to really catch on, and once they do models will be constructed
            that more fully capture the essance of what is occurring, and your
            question will be better answered. Right now, all I myself can do is make
            crude predictions based roughly on how the biological conditions are and
            direct observations of Doran waves or the MJO or SSTs and so forth.

> [...]
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
            > methanehydrateclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <BR>
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > <BR>
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]<BR>
            > <BR>
            > </tt>

            > <tt>
            > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
            > methanehydrateclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
            > <BR>
            > </tt>

            > <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a

          • mike
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
              BTW, nothing you describe here is not consistant with a very
              hydrologically and biologically active Mississippi and GOM feeding back
              EMF patterns that enhance cirrus and water content in the air . . .

              > Central Illinois. Peoria, Illinois more specifically.<BR>
              > <BR>
              > Up till June 15 we were in a very wet, and cool pattern.  then<BR>
              > abruptly, it was 90-96 daily with dewpoints between 70-80.  Since
              > then,<BR>
              > I think we've registered a Trace of Precip and temperatures have been
              > on<BR>
              > average 10-13 degrees above normal, Except for today.  Today is
              > much<BR>
              > cooler, but is still humid.<BR>
            • fredwx
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
                I live on the West Coast of Florida (Tampa Bay) and the rainy season
                began here around the 15th. Prior to that it had been very warm and
                dry. I suspect that the Prevailing Azores-Bermuda High was over
                Florida and the Gulf of Mexico prior to the 15th and finally drifted
                northward allowing the deep tropical moisture back into Florida and
                northward (return flow) across the Midwest.

                Service.

              • foryeshua1@juno.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
                  Fred, Sharon and I are going to go to Florida in the next few weeks. I
                  wonder if you would like to get together and chew some ideas. Dr. Wally

                  Service.

                • fredwx
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 11, 2002
                    Where will you be going in florida? Perhaps we can meet up somewhere
                    once you are down here.

                    Service.

                  • foryeshua1@juno.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 11, 2002
                      Fred, We are going to meet my wife's son that lives in Cape Coral,
                      sometime in the next few weeks to a couple of months. I will tell you
                      when we are coming when I know. Walter

                      Service.

                    • pawleewurx
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 15, 2002
                        first of all to Mr. Boik, hello neighbor! i share your inquiry from
                        down here in Decatur IL as it has been hot, dry and extremely
                        uneventful. looking at how this year has panned out overall compared
                        to last across the nation, it almost seems identical only this time
                        around "allison" has struck W TX versus the gulf coast (there's a
                        point to ponder!). the W wildfires i guess you could say are
                        the "wildcard" but the W only got to this point this year because of
                        a dry year last as well and this time around the landscape finally
                        hit her flash point. it seems that after the extreme activity of 1998
                        around here, 1999 through 2001 has progressively slowed down. if you
                        go to http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/torn.htm and have a look at the
                        number of tornado reports for each year (though this is not
                        necessarily an appropriate measure of overall wx activity), there is
                        definitely a pattern going on. the question for us i think is i
                        wonder if 2002 being the most quiet year yet is the bottom and we
                        will begin picking up in activity or if it will be even more quiet.
                        October 24, 2001 was indeed an anomoly for as you may recall, the NWS
                        issued a PDS warning for our region which was most unusual for the
                        time of year but did culminate in an F2 over Monticello causing a
                        great deal of damage not to mention regional straightline wind damage
                        reports. days like those don't necessarily factor into the big
                        picture but i say even though "all's quiet here", i don't think any
                        of us should let our guard down. i have noticed that our daily
                        temperatures ranges for our region despite it being July have been
                        fluxtuating dramatically between daytime highs and nighttime lows.
                        that to me is something to pay attention to because last year i don't
                        recall that occurring too much through July even though it may be an
                        insignificant factor and i am having one of those "Bill Paxton i can
                        talk to tornado moments" LOL!. in all seriousness though considering
                        that S IL got slammed in April and May with heavy heavy rain as well
                        as damaging winds and then N IL has had quite a few doozies through
                        June and the early part of July, my hunch is that we'll get ours yet,
                        it's just a matter of time. last year during those same times we had
                        a number of "training" storms causing a good deal of localized
                        flooding over my part of Central IL whereas this year we haven't.
                        time will tell but nature always balances herself over every area
                        eventually, it's just all a matter of where and when... best regards!

                        http://www.pawleewurx.com