Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] A question for "Dr". Walt.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2002
      Hi Mid,

      Nice to hear from you.

      The short answer is how strongly neg the Gaia produced Doran wave has
      been to the Florida to Mississippi delta region compared to the
      drought areas off the NE coast, which provided a place for a dry
      strip to curve. But also the dams from W. Africa and S. America have
      really delayed EMF pulses from the tropics that sometimes bring Cape
      Verde waves and moisture to your neck of the woods.

      Here are two exchanges from another climate bb on the Doran waves:
      Subject: Re: More Doran waves and Texas flooding

      > Yet the Doran waves have had difficulty reaching Arizona, given the
      EMF
      > condition, very positive, of the north Sea of Cortez.
      >
      > Where do you get your "figures" for the EMF condition? Is there a
      site
      > which lists them, or do you calculate them from a formula or what?

      When you watch a wave ripple outward on a lake from a stone you have
      thrown, do you do math? Are you really THAT DUMB with your math?

      Again, I have been merely observing this link:

      http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag87.html

      And watching dry strips and wet and cirrus and strikes. It's all
      very
      basic.

      The numbers on EMF I have posted here again and again. For instance,
      the
      numbers of fair weather voltage positive to ground of 250 volts. Or
      what
      strike voltages are, or sprites and elves from cloud top to
      ionosphere.
      Or what ion concentrations are prestorm. Or how cloud bottoms go
      negitive pre strike and tops positive. So there certainly is a
      relative
      or general path. The general description works, because all I am
      describing is a wave.

      The relative biological conditions between the North Sea of Cortez
      and
      the GOM would then present relatively more negitive strikes and a
      negitive to posistive condition between the two Gulfs, and has very
      significant Gaia implications. The fact that it then can be observed,
      both in terms of dry patches over sea AND land, as well as wave forms
      and
      severe weather from shorts across these waves, is significant without
      math.

      I will say this. When Alan was here there were calculations about
      CME
      winds and protons and what currents would be involved and what he
      showed
      was that the solar wind was on order of magnetude smaller then what
      would
      be expected to be signifincant. These are valuable mathematical
      comments, but certainly should apply when the current peer reviewed
      science on EMFs and strikes are in agreement about the lower
      ionosphere's
      positive charges and strikes, elves, and sprites, as well as there is
      agreement, say, about the terresphere's slightly acidic pH.

      Which brings me to John Lerch's assertion that rivers are not crossed
      because they are thermally different. I tend to think that would go
      intesity not whether it would occur or not. I further think that
      water
      spouts is not a good example because a body of water can gain a net
      charge, and lakes tend to have acidic pHs. A river, OTOH, will be
      connected more likely then not to EMFs that do not provide charge
      accumulations that the storm seeks. If the charges were found on a
      lake,
      for instance, the lakes surface temperature compared to the land is
      more
      offset by the IR differences between sustained cirrus or not far
      above
      the spout. So, where a river fails is more likely by its EMF
      potential.
      Likewise, the metal of a tailer park is more likely to maintain, like
      capacitors, a positive charge accumulated from fair weather
      conditions
      and hold it to be discharged for a storm.

      John, I am truly surprised you cannot see this.

      ++++++++++++++

      > Please forgive me Mike. I still think the post about
      > tornadoes is probably idiotic, but I've been trashing
      > the doran wave thread posts without reading them.

      I don't know what to say to that or whether I should even reply.

      > Therefore, I did a google search to see if this is
      > original with you; and I guess it must be since I found
      > nothing.

      My name is Mike Doran. Figure it out.

      > If you want to, would you please post a primer with
      > these facts (less than 5k):
      > What is the inertial object (i.e. what coasts along)?

      In general the ionosphere is slightly positive. Published peer
      reviewed
      authors on the subject maintain that the ionosphere is maintained by
      strikes, and recently evidence of sprite and elve activity above
      thunderstorms confirms this theory. Fair weather voltages then apply
      this positive charge accumulation to ground, which leads to the fair
      weather voltage that has been discussed here by Alan and others.
      Alan
      got a 150 volt positive reading from one of his text books. I have
      seen
      several internet sources for fair weather voltages--all at a range
      from
      100 to 250 volts per meter squared.

      Strikes, as you know, carry very powerful EMF. They in general bring
      electrons or negitive charges to ground, and the ultimate source of
      those
      electrons is the ionosphere.

      I submit that there are current flows in the ionosphere and deep
      under
      the earth where magma is more conductive, as well as charge
      accumulations
      in the oceans, on land. That there are charges that ocean currents
      present, as well as varying resistances. As you may know, when
      induction
      occurs there is not only the resistance of the medium but also
      resistance
      from the induction itself. Further, there is the insulation by the
      hydrates and the pH and temperatures differences in the oceans.

      > What is the restoring "force"?

      The currents flow from charge accumulations to charge depreciated
      areas.
      What happens is that there are several areas where insulation is so
      great
      that great accumulations must occur before a discharge creates EMF
      equillibrium in a area. But while charge seperatations exist, they
      enhance or not cirrus cloud behavior, which in turn varies IR
      balances
      and convection processes.

      > Is there something that builds up i.e. is there some
      > kind of shock?

      See above.

      > Is the interaction of the inertial object and the
      > restoring object dependent on one or the other to a
      > much higher than linear dependence? I.E. is there a
      > feedback which causes the shock? (Reverse the order of
      > these last 2 paragraphs.)

      There is a discussion below on the life of thunderstorms, how
      initially
      the charges of a forming thunderstorm accumulate. The ground below
      the
      thunderstorm, where the dry line exists, accumulates positive
      charges. I
      provided a link on the ions accumulating in a previous post. The
      bottom
      clouds then bring their electrons, pre strike, near these charges.
      Those
      charges come from the entire cloud, making it more positive,
      relatively
      speaking. Cirrus clouds, then, with a positive charge in the upper
      reaches of the cloud, eventually reach a point where they are more
      positive then the lower ionosphere--which is pretty positive to start
      with. That causes movements of ions in the ionosphere--negitive
      ones, to
      come above the forming thunderstorm. This then attracts the cirrus
      clouds and causes favorable IR balances for further convection and
      heating of the cloud--because instead of falling, the ice crystals
      are
      attracted to the ionosphere. This is why severe weather contains
      hail!
      I realize there are other thermal processes at work, but the basic
      driving dynamic of SEVERE storms is EMFs.

      Now, once a strike occurs, the cloud becomes EXTREMELY positively
      charged, and so the sprite and elve activity occurs. That passes the
      electrons accumulated in the ionosphere to the cloud top and balances
      EMFs just above the storm. The ice crystals are no longer held by
      EMF
      and they begin to fall--as precip.

      However, the ionosphere post strike is now relatively positively
      charged
      for loss from the elve/sprite activity and the cirrus that doesn't
      fall
      as rain carries the charge of the ionosphere where electrons
      accumulated--
      so it will be relatively negitive compared now to the ionsphere, and
      hence blow off cirrus is going to be attracted to the ionosphere for
      some
      time after a strike . . .

      Slowly, as the ionosphere regains its relatively more negitive charge
      and
      the cirrus its positive charge, sometimes 75 miles away from a storm
      center, they are no longer enhanced by EMFs . . .

      It is in these delicate balances of EMFs that Doran waves move up and
      down between ground and ionosphere over hundreds of miles. The
      result is
      clearly visable on the link I have provided for this discussion.

      > PS what is the origin of the word doran? JAL

      Doran means 'stranger' in Gaelic.

      What does Lerch mean?

      --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., midlantwx <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > From midlantwx: Your discussions are fascinating!
      >
      > How do these "Wet Strips" and "Dry Strips" correlate to the
      devastating drought in the Mid Atlantic? Our lawns are brown already
      and it's only early July! Precipitation income has been below
      climatic norms since early September last year.

      > -midlantwx
      >

      > --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., "pawnfart" <mike@u...> wrote:
      > > > Seeing lightening strike does not enable you to understand
      where it
      > > is
      > > > coming from and going to.
      > >
      > > I agree with that. But there is now science about strikes out
      there
      > > that when put into context of radar images is very helpful. More
      > > below.
      > >
      > > When I found that
      > > > insulating the drilling shaft of early oil well drilling rigs
      > > stopped
      > > > both lightening and tornados, I knew what was the process and
      cause
      > > of
      > > > tornados. The people that did it, said "Whew" went on drilling
      and
      > > > getting oil without tornadoes nor lightening and didn't say to
      > > > themselves. We can control where tornados hit. This is an
      example
      > > of
      > > > Prima Facia Evidence that was totally missed.
      > >
      > > Take your words in the context of my further comments about Texas
      > > flooding and Doran waves:
      > >
      > > http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag87.html
      > >
      > > Above, again, the strike/radar link.
      > >

      > > I want to talk a little more about Doran waves. South of Texas in
      > > Mexico along the southern border the monsoons started in a way
      that
      > > the wet strip extends south to there based on a world radar I saw
      > > today on TWC. The wet lines extend far north. Dry strips, again,
      go
      > > to the Sea of Cortez, and there is a dry line w/ undoubtedly west
      > > east winds in the GOM. There is also a dry strip that has been
      moving
      > > about in the NE.
      > > Anyway, there is a reason why they are shaped in strips and if
      there
      > > is EMF activity in a strip it is severe, I suspect. If there is
      any
      > > convection in a dry strip (say a jet stream causes instability or
      an
      > > area of storms with intense EMF activity by strikes from wave top
      > > wave top with the area in question between them in the dry strip)
      and
> [...]
      > >
      > > Last year, the W. GOM was completely covered w/ cirrus and the
      > > surface winds moved from the middle of the GOM to the low--
      inducting
      > > EMF for cirrus. The low sucked all that moisture in the E. GOM
      into
      > > Texas. Right now, the dry air portion of the E. GOM has winds
      moving
      > > essentially west to east, inducting against cirrus and providing
      > > upper air balances for negative EMF in the ionosphere for the
      charges
      > > to enhance cirrus in the upper atmosphere. The heat and
      convection
      > > is local but the EMF source of the movement of cirrus to provide
      such
      > > balances that cause this rain are also based in the E. GOM. This
      is
      > > all electrical.
      > >

      > > > Lately some of the descriptions being given of what is
      going on
      > > that
      > > > you are describing, have been more understandable. I think you
      are
      > > > describing something. I am not convinced that a whole enough
      > > picture is
      > > > being painted to allow people to decide where to measure and
      what
      > > it can
      > > > tell us.
      > >
      > > Now that I know a little more about you I will re post some of
      the
      > > conversations I have had w/ Alan, a systems electrician. It gets
      > > pretty mathy and it breaks down, I think, in ways you will
      appreciate.

      > > I believe the SE and its interaction is what you need to really
      > > > have a picture that completes the whole pattern of what is
      happening
      > > > electrically.
      > >
      > > I agree. What I wanted to comment on is there are Dr. Gray
      > > statistics as to 500 mb winds over Greenland and near the Pac NW
      that
      > > are TS intellegant for the following season. I will have more
      > > comments later. But for now, the key issue is going to be the
      > > insulative properties of the air and how that defines things in
      terms
      > > of strikes and Schumann resonances--and IR balances and what is
      then
      > > feed back from that. What you may be hitting on will have to do
      with
      > > how EMF get organized and why the induction works in a
      directional
      > > manner . . .
      > >

      > > I have tossed out static electricity a long time ago. All
      > > > electricity is coming from somewhere and going along a path
      which
      > > will
      > > > eventually find it retracing its paths. The main path is from
      and
      > > back
      > > > to the Sun, for all of the planets of our solar system. It is
      NOT
      > > > CMEjections. It is far more steady in its current or CME would
      > > control
      > > > it instead of the other way around.
      > >
      > > I don't disagree. HOWEVER, the SE controls the organization of
      the
      > > field and the particles in it, not the particles in it. The
      > > particles impact the cirrus, which impacts the convection,
      strikes,
      > > and so forth--so you have a feedback impact, whereas the SE is in
      > > less flux relative to WEATHER. Climate may be another thing
      > > (timescales), BUT at the end of the day the biosphere wins,
      because
      > > if it did not, we would not be hear rapping about this.
      > >

      > > It turns the world on its axis, it
      > > > powers the weather jets, it heats the center of the earth,
      etc.
      > > > Maybe later, Walter
      > > > I didn't know you asked that question. I also did not feel
      that
      > > you
      > > > read enough of my materials to even be interested in what I was
      > > saying. I
      > > > did not get feedback on a lot of things I wrote and decided
      that you
      > > > didn't respond because you had no input nor questions, or you
      > > didn't get
      > > > it. It also has occurred to me that we both are trying to sell
      > > > electricity as a foundational force that most scientists, don't
      know
      > > > enough about to begin to think in its terms. needed to do if
      there
      > > is to
      > > > be successful challenging and changing of the current
      Scientific
      > > attitude
      > > > toward electricity.
      > >
      > > We have common ground for sure. I don't think, however, that EMF
      are
      > > THE modulating force by and of themselves. Instead, it is EMF
      > > modulated by the biosphere . . .
      > >

      > > > On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 16:25:41 -0000 "pawnfart" <mike@u...>
      writes:
      > > > If you want to unsubscribe, I am not sure you did it
      correctly.
      > > But
      > > > that isn't my question.
      > > >
      > > > My question I asked before, unanswered, is what is your PhD?
      What,
      > > > IOW, do you teach?
      > > >
      > > > ++++++++
      > > >
      > > > Here is a specific comment from last year where a substantive
      > > > discusssion did occur on another bb regarding EMFs and what is
      > > > discussed here. I posed it to B-1 and we didn't get to far.
      This
      > > is
      > > > the type of question I was hoping someone like you could help
      us
      > > out
      > > > with but it appears that you aren't who you say you are:
      > > >
      > > > (quoting B-1 solar CME data):
      > > >

      > > > Solar wind speed : 664.5 km/sec Solar wind density : 5.3
      protons/cc
      > > > Solar wind pressure : 3.9 nPa
      > > >
      > > > <SNIP>
      > > >
      > > > Me again:
      > > >

      > > > "What I think you should note more then anything is the proton
      > > stream
      > > > from the sun, because these are particles that will be sorted
      by
      > > > SSTs. "
      > > >
      > > > Alan from OZ writes:
      > > >

      > > > "Mike what I want you to note, is just how small this flux of
      > > protons
      > > > appears to be to this dimbo technician. And if this is the
      solar
      > > wind
      > > > before hitting the earth's surface, then presumably not all of
      > > these
      > > > charges even make it to the earth.
      > > >
      > > > ***I really do need a physicist's comment here, **** if i=q/t,
      > > (where
      > > > i = current in amps, & q = quantity of electric charges in
      > > Coulombs)
      > > > and if the electrical charge on a electron is about 1.602 x 10^-
      19
      > > > coulombs, then we need to move: 1 / 1.602 x 10^-19C per sec to
      pass
      > > > 1Amp of current. Or 6.24 x 10^18 electrons must be moved for a
      > > > current of 1A.
      > > >
      > > > The solar wind protons moving in a "tube" of space of csa 1cm^2
      @
      > > > 664. km/s above would only move 5.3 x 664.5 x 1000m charges, or
      > > 3.52
      > > > x 10^6 protons. If this calc. is correct, then you should be
      able
      > > > see that this is a *very small* movement of charges/second
      compared
      > > > to even 1 ampere. [John L. please comment] {my comment
      inserted--
      > > > another poster in the conversation who is a physics head}
      > > >
      > > > It seems to me that you are seeing something here that is a
      form of
      > > > "number blindness". "
      > > >
      > > > Comments? How would the SE organize these charges? SSTs?
      Strikes
      > > > caused by convection in relation to current movement in the
      > > > ionosphere? Induction of currents in the ionosphere from daily
      > > > expansion and contraction? QBO (50 mb winds of ions that move
      > > about
      > > > 90 mph)?

      > > Service.
      > > >
      > > > [Non-text portions
    • midlantwx
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2002
        I would like to be presented with the Long answer please:)

        When you have the time:)

        Please load it up with your usual terminology and links!:)) I really enjoy your discourses, reading them and learning from them is one way I unwind after a long day. I kick back in my easy chair and enjoy all your fascinating ideas!!

        Again, please give me the Long version, When you have plenty of time!:) I am willing to wait a couple weeks if need be:)

        Hey man, never give up on this Group!!! I find your discussions interesting, I always have!!! You must have a doctorate or something! Anyway, I enjoy this place!!!! Please keep up your excellent work! You've got some way cool members too!!! They also post very good, quality articles!!!

        Sincerely,

      • foryeshua1@juno.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2002
          Mid- I don't know if you are talking to me. I think you are probably
          talking to Mike the Pawn. Just in case you would like to know about what
          my ideas are you can find them on http://www.vorbitz.com/electrojet You
          can't write to me there though. You need to write to me at
          foryeshua1@... My last three years interaction are not on this site
          though. Descriptions of what have happened must come from me. Dr. Walter
          Peterson