If I were King for a day,

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , May 21, 2001
      I would have Dr. Gray shot!<br><br>NAOO predicts
      normal season, in line w/ Dr.
      year, and his amended was for just below normal. He
      based his amended prediction on a prediction for a
      nuetral year. I said no El Nino back in April, and was
      right and the climate change skeptic Dr. Gray was
      WRONG. There is no El Nino and the cane season is about
      to start. I even contemplated another La Nina. Dr.
      Gray's forcast is even going to be upped more, from what
      I hear out of CSU. He also threw out his rainfall
      in West Africa factors, because it was so flawed a
      factoring over the past six years. Turns out there are now
      river dams in West Africa, and Venezuela, I might
      add.<br><br>Let me tip my hat to John Daly's site on ENSO,
      respecting
      information:<br><br>At a sunspot maximum the EUV-radiation raises the
      temperature in the Ionosphere by 300% in relation to the
      minimum. [Foukal, P. V.: The variable sun. Scient.
      American, Februar 1990, 39.] Yet most important is that the
      UV-radiation below 2900 � is completely absorbed by ozone in
      the stratosphere. The resultant rise in temperature
      is augmented by positive feed-back, as the
      UV-radiation also generates new ozone. Satellite observations
      show that the ozone content grows by 2% from sunspot
      minimum to maximum. [Tinsley, B. A..: Do effects of
      global atmospheric electricity on clouds cause climatic
      changes? EOS, 19. August 1997, 341, 344, 349].<br><br>Per
      Fleming's left hand rule, greater ionization means a
      greater conducter movement with the day, giving an upward
      electrical vector to cirrus formation. This counters what
      the ocean currents may induct and what cirrus clouds
      the oceans enhance, so that with strong flaring, you
      get less tropical activity. Dr. Gray used ocean
      temperatures to make his flawed prediction, whereas I used the
      data at Daly's site relative to flaring, and knew that
      with the conditions stemming from China dams and
      melting ice in Antarctica that there was little chance
      that this flaring could sustain any kind of El Nino
      conditions. Hence my prediction was correct.<br><br>For more
      details on my hurricane season predictions, here are the
      first thing I would do is shoot Dr. Gray, because the
      lives lost from Mitch, Venezuela, and Keith were
      preventable if dams were managed differently, and at a
      minimum warnings should be made respecting dams and
      methanogen activity and electrical amplification of cirrus.
      Of course, Dr. Gray's death would not bring back the
      30,000 who perished in Venezuela floods.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None