Daly is ignorant about MHs--cont.

  • Pawnfart
    Message 1 of 702 , May 16, 2001
      Here is the continued talk with John Daly, a
      leading fossil fuel apologist relative to CO2 emissions:
      assume your failure to respond is stunned silence.
      respond as a matter of pleasure, taking a break from a
      tough day, to talk about a subject with which you are
      familiar. Indeed, the peak of corruption, intellectual or
      political, finds its roots in the regression toward that
      which is familiar to us. We are all guilty of this, in
      varying degrees. <br><br>> I also have a life outside
      climate. <br><br>Let me tell you a lawyer joke. I was
      changing my daughter's diaper when she took a wizz on my
      your explanations and don't understand any of them. I
      can't agree or disagree, I just don't understand the
      reasoning. <br><br>I did six years in the US Army. My
      job--electronics. I spent annual trainings learning about
      electrical currents. So Fleming's left hand rule isn't new
      for me--I am "familiar" with it. I will try to be a
      good listener, though. <br><br>> I simply can't see
      where electricity fits in, nor the hydrates etc.
      think about resistance in warmer currents, or currents
      with resistance from methane hydrates in the counter
      currents. More than that there is a lacking wholistic
      theory that ties together flaring, pole flips, ocean
      currents, Milankovitch, and Keeling Whorf described
      pressure changes.
      Message 702 of 702 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Feb 28th, the Interplanetary Magnetic Field
        swung to a strong south-pointing orientation. That,
        coupled with an elevated solar wind speed and density,
        triggered a G-1 class geomagnetic storm. The result was
        some high latitude aurora. See this link for a
        photgraph of aurora observed over Quebec :
        namely 9839, 9842, and 9845, that appear to be capable
        of producing M-class flares. Regions 9839 and 9842
        are close to rotating out of view over the western
        limb of the solar disk. Sunspot region 9845, however,
        is close to the sun's central meridian. A rather
        large coronal hole is also approaching the sun's
        central meridian, and coming into an Earth-pointing
        position. High speed colar wind gusts are likely around the
        first of next week.<br><br>The current solar and
        geomagnetic conditions are :<br><br>NOAA sunspot number :
        wind speed : 372.3 km/sec<br>Solar wind density : 4.4
        the last 24 hours : <br>Solar activity was low. The
        geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled. Stratwarm Alert
        exists Friday.<br><br>Forecast for the next 24 hours
        :<br>Solar activity will be low to moderate. The geomagnetic
        field will be quiet to unsettled.<br><br>Solar Activity
        Forecast :<br>Solar activity is expected to be low to
        moderate for the next three days. Region 9845 is a
        possible source for isolated M-class
        is expected to be mainly quiet to unsettled, until
        the onset of high speed stream effects from a
        recurrent coronal hole begin to develop by day three of the
        forecast period. Isolated active conditions are
        anticipated thereafter.<br><br>Recent significant solar flare
        activity :<br>None