759Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] ***2002 Gaia Cane forecast--PLEASE RESPONDE****

  • paul hadfield
    Apr 1 4:57 AM
      pawnfart said:

      "(I would also be concerned about tornadic activity in
      the alley in early May. Conditions are almost the same
      as 1999. )"

      very interesting... i say that as a local forecaster
      named Joe Bauer of WANDTV Central IL during a severe
      wx special called "Spring Alert" airing last week
      (3/27) said that "this year was to expected to be weak
      in the way of activity." he offered no supporting
      evidence but since 1999 was a big year around here in
      Central IL (as well as in the S) with 34 tornadoes
      reported in this region alone (source:
      http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/torn.htm), who is to say
      that he is right? in contrast to your statement
      regarding similiar conditions and the historical facts
      associated with 1999 also with the fact that 1998 was
      a HUGE year with 52 reported in Central IL, i wonder
      where someone like him gets his info to make such a
      statement about the outcome when in fact we won't know
      till the season is over. granted, 2000 and 2001 were
      fairly quiet however 2001 presented a "late bloomer"
      on October 24th mauling a large area of Monticello IL
      and way past the usual season. i'll be following your
      theory along with our local met's prediction to see
      who is right or at least closest. so far you've been
      dead on and it would be funny if our local guy eats
      his words... just so long as it isn't at the expense
      of life or property... be well!

      (that link contains a host of interesting Central IL
      tornado stats, take note of the pattern-like flow of
      the numbers.)

      =====
      stop by anytime! http://www.pawleewurx.com

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/