2180Nuclear power

  • Steve Dodd
    Apr 28 4:21 AM
      On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:31:29PM -0000, David wrote:
      > --- In methanehydrateclub@yahoogroups.com, "XK SAZ" <swezlex1@y...> wrote:

      > > Do you think that radiation poisoning gives you cancer or do you not
      > > "buy" that either?
      >
      > Sure it does. So do a lot of other things.

      Changing the topic a bit, this, but I'm beginning to believe the cancers
      are result of some level of environmental "irritation" combined with a
      severe inhibition of the immune system and other bodily repair
      processes, an inhibition which seems to constitute a pandemic in the
      Western world, at least.

      Did you read about the professor who's just been fired for daring to
      suggest that there actually is a safe level of sun exposure, and that we
      shouldn't all spend the rest of lives living behind UV-filtering glass?

      > > Some jobs within plants give such a high dosage of radiation that
      > > they will only allow people to work on them for a couple hrs, then
      > > they've hit their limit.

      > I understand that. It's a safety precaution. What's your point?

      Nuclear power plants could probably be pretty safe if run competently.
      The question is, how do you ensure such management?

      --
      Home+FOAF: http://www.loth.org.uk/ OpenPGP: 201A57B6
      Original portions © 2004 Steve Dodd

      "When the people fear the 'government,' that is tyranny.
      When the 'government' fears the people, that is liberty."
      - Thomas Jefferson
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic