2124Re: Gas on Ice

  • mike@usinter.net
    Mar 2, 2004
      Comment below:

      > > The earth EMF is decreasing--about 8% over the past 100 years.
      > > Without the earth EMF the solar winds wisk the atmosphere away,
      > > especially will wisk the ionosphere, and the ozone layer, and
      > > will have immediate impact on climate, in my view. Harvesting
      > > hydrates may as it turns out be a way of changing the patterns of
      > > to sustain the earth EMF--so we should find a way to have our
      > > and eat it too.
      > >
      > What you say is indeed true. The Earth's magnetic field is losing
      > strength, for now.

      It is well known that the earth EMF flips and changes its
      intensity. What I suggest is that there are indeed times that the
      lack of an earth EMF causes the solar winds to strip away the
      atmosphere, starting, of course, with the ionosphere. Seems to me
      that OZONE would be the first part to the atmosphere to take a hit.
      That then would begin to change the earth global electrical circuitry
      and cause storms--chaotic patterns.

      Which then get modulated by the biosphere.

      The fact that there is an atmosphere and its degree is also a highly
      tuned mechanism, IMHO. Tuned by the biosphere.

      However, keep in mind that the as far as anybody
      > can tell, the Earth has had an atmosphere for most of its 4.5
      > year life, and I don't see it going away anytime soon. The
      > fluctuation in the magnetic field is a brief hiccup, like thousands
      > others that have come and gone in the past.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic