1193Re: [Methane Hydrate Club] Explanation please

  • mike
    Jul 10 10:05 AM
      Ed,

      I may be talking about the tropics but the idea of EMF and cirrus and
      hydrology and Doran waves in a way has a starting point there.

      That said, for instance, we were talking about the hydrology of the Great
      Lakes. How the past three years up to this spring the Great Lake levels
      have been low.

      That those low levels matched lows in the 1960s, then to the 1930s.
      Well, if you look at the Mississippi delta back then it was really being
      changed by human activity. That would impact the health of the biosphere
      in the GOM and hence reduce Doran waves . . .

      But now the problem isn't so much the GOM but the Gulf of California and
      the Asian dams, like Three Gorge, IMHO. So the Midwest it would appear
      you are hit from many directions . . .

      And this doesn't even mention stuff like ENSO and the MJO which also are
      appearing to be EMF oscillations, or flaring/CMEs and SOx from volcanic
      activity, or even CO2 from human activity and what that does to the
      biological cycles, or what warmer oceans mean to the induction and EMF
      movements in the oceans themselves . . .

      I have a feeling that the ideas behind IR balances from clouds and EMFs
      are going to really catch on, and once they do models will be constructed
      that more fully capture the essance of what is occurring, and your
      question will be better answered. Right now, all I myself can do is make
      crude predictions based roughly on how the biological conditions are and
      direct observations of Doran waves or the MJO or SSTs and so forth.