Re: (meteorobs) Radar sitrep for 13 June 00:00 UTC

  • James Beauchamp
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
      Starting about 9 PM Central the rates jumped from 60 to 100 per hour on the scatter.  Wavering back and forth every 30 minutes or so.  10:20 PM (now) is showing another peak of about 100-120 per hour.

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
        Soo, maybe I've been staring at this waterfall plot too long.  But as we rotate around towards the radiant, the meteor scatters slowly start coming out of the noise.  They are ghostly faint at first, but visible in the plots.  Around midnight they are on full blast with full quieting, and then as the morning comes they exit as they entered.

        Probably because they slowly start catching more energy from stronger sub-lobes, then the main beam, then back to the sublobes, and then go away.

        Overdense events now (10:25 PM central) are strong.  Rates are around 60 to 120 per hour.