(meteorobs) Geminids from Oregon first and ongoing impressions

  • Wes Stone
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      I observed for 3.5 hours on the morning of December 13th and saw 245
      Geminids and 70 other meteors under decent skies (LM generally 6.5-6.8
      although there were some bothersome clouds early on). There were few bright
      Geminids, with the two brightest of magnitude -3. Temperature dipped to 10
      degrees F. I reported full data to IMO.

      I just got in from a casual watch (December 14, 2:50-3:35 UT) with the
      radiant low in the sky. I saw 22 Geminids and 2 sporadics in 45 minutes. ZHR
      would be 109 for this watch, so the shower is still going strong. One
      Geminid was magnitude -1, and the rest were +1 or fainter, so I didn't get
      the impression of bright post-peak Geminids. If the weather and the shower
      can hold out for a few more hours, it could be another interesting night.

      Wes Stone
      Chiloquin, OR

      --
      So he slept on a mountain.