(meteorobs) Geminids 13/14, 2012 - REVISED

  • Michael Boschat
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      Hi all:

      It cleared more but at 0345 UT clouded over so called it a night, here is
      my revised report. I can't believe I missed 5 bright Geminids with my
      camera...man, I gotta be really old! I managed 1 Geminid of -3 mag in
      Orion just below Rigel.

      I saw a total of 31 Geminids in 6 hours.

      Meteor Shower Report - Revised

      Date : December 13/14,2012
      Begin: 22:00 UT
      End: 04:00 UT
      Observer: Michael Boschat
      Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
      Lat: N 44d 39'
      Long: W 63d 36m
      Elev: 57m
      Recording Method: Eye

      Start End Teff LM Gem Spo Total Cloud
      22:00 23:00 1.00 4.0 2 0 2 90%
      00:00 01:00 1.00 4.0 12 0 12 90%
      01:00 02:00 1.00 4.5 3 0 3 30%
      02:00 03:00 1.00 5.0 10 0 10 20%
      03:00 04:00 1.00 5.0 4 0 4 30%

      Magnitudes: -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2
      Gem 4 4 2 10 - 5 6

      Average Magnitudes: GEM= -0.67

      Comments: At start of session a -4 Geminid Earthgrazers
      white in color took abour 5 seconds to cover
      almost 44 degrees, it had an elongated head with a
      few small red pieces breaking away.

      Clear skies