Re: Re[4]: (meteorobs) Obs: 06/07 October 2007

  • Roberto
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007
      Hi Mikhail,
      I use the UfoCapture program.
      However I have considered the position of the Draconids that you have
      written in a previous message (RA=260.8°, Dec=+49.6° of the maximum of 7
      October to 21h10m the UT).
      Unfortunately I do not have a second station for triangular.
      But the meteor only passed to one distance 0°.5 from the previous position.
      Clear Skies,
      Roberto Haver

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007
        Roberto and All,

        Studies by Sirko Molau has revealed that the Epsilon Geminids may be active
        as early as October 5, so it may be possible that these meteors are indeed
        Epsilon Geminids. One would not expect such a large number of these meteors
        so early in the activity period.

        Clear Skies,

        Robert Lunsford

        > I have made one video observation the night between the 7 and 8 October
        > (from the 18 UT to the 04 UT). In 10 hours my videoCamera has recorded 43
        > meteors between which one Draconids to 23h43m42s UT (mag 2,5).
        > The magnitudo limits was 5.6/5.7 and the field was: diagonal 55°, 45° the
        > long side and 34° that short.
        >

        > Moreover I have noticed that 6 sporadic ones could be of the EGE (epsilon
        > geminids).
        > But in this period they are not active. It could instead the activity
        > begin
        > before?
        > Clear Skies,
        > Roberto Haver

        ---
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 12, 2007
          Hi Robert,
          I have observed the 6 possible Epsilon Geminids in last the 3 hours before
          the twilight. The radiant my meteor was to approximately 2 degrees from the
          previewed position Sirko (one was much short one).
          Clear skies,
          Roberto Haver