Re: (meteorobs) Handbook for Visual Meteor Observers

  • Pavol Habuda
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 1 10:50 PM
      > > I had copied it on CD-ROM(-tiff format) and sent to IMO. I suppose you can
      > > get it from Ina or Jurgen. I have a copied CD but cannot send you without
      > > IMO's permission.
      >
      > I do not see any problem with distributing the CD. The book
      > is sold out and will not be copied again. So feel free to
      > send your CD out. The only thing IMO is interested in, is
      > spreading the information.

      So, does anybody knows clear way how to obtain this CD?
      What is the content of handbook, is there something more than
      analysis of showers; and howto published on www.imo.net?

      Have a nice day
      Pavol Habuda

    • David Entwistle
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 13 4:36 AM
        In message <20050330075040.GB19976@...>, RainerArlt
        <rarlt@...> writes

        >I do not see any problem with distributing the CD. The book
        >is sold out and will not be copied again. So feel free to
        >send your CD out. The only thing IMO is interested in, is
        >spreading the information.

        For anyone still interested in obtaining a paper copy of 'The Handbook',
        then 'Sentimental Journey - Fine Books' claim to have multiple copies.

        http://tinyurl.com/5ttez

        I note that the title is slightly different to that given on the IMO web
        site.

        This book's title is actually 'Handbook for Visual Meteor Observations'.
        However, I've got a copy of this book (same ISBN) and I can confirm that
        it is an IMO publication - possibly a different edition from that listed
        on the IMO web site? This book (ISBN 0-933346-57-3) is published by Sky
        Publishing Corporation, edited by Paul Roggemans and published in 1989.

        I haven't dealt with Sentimental Journey - Fine Books, getting my copy
        elsewhere.
        --
        David Entwistle
        ---
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 13 5:31 AM
          I suspect this is Paul's earlier version of the handbook. It is nice to
          have, but the later edition (1995?) is significantly more comprehensive.

          Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

          Geert

          PS: Note that the very nice Photographic Handbook is online at:
          http://www.imo.net/photo/index.html#Handbook

          At 13:36 13-4-2005, David Entwistle wrote:
          >In message <20050330075040.GB19976@...>, RainerArlt
          ><rarlt@...> writes
          > >
          > >I do not see any problem with distributing the CD. The book
          > >is sold out and will not be copied again. So feel free to
          > >send your CD out. The only thing IMO is interested in, is
          > >spreading the information.
          > >

          >For anyone still interested in obtaining a paper copy of 'The Handbook',
          >then 'Sentimental Journey - Fine Books' claim to have multiple copies.
          >
          >http://tinyurl.com/5ttez
          >
          >I note that the title is slightly different to that given on the IMO web
          >site.
          >
          >This book's title is actually 'Handbook for Visual Meteor Observations'.
          >However, I've got a copy of this book (same ISBN) and I can confirm that
          >it is an IMO publication - possibly a different edition from that listed
          >on the IMO web site? This book (ISBN 0-933346-57-3) is published by Sky
          >Publishing Corporation, edited by Paul Roggemans and published in 1989.
          >
          >I haven't dealt with Sentimental Journey - Fine Books, getting my copy
          >elsewhere.
          >--
          >David Entwistle
          >---

          ---
          Mailing list meteorobs
          meteorobs@...
        • Axel Haas
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 25, 2005
            Hello,

            could you be so kind and send me your digital copy of the Visual
            Handbook?

            Thank you in advance and have a good day in JPN

            Axel Haas (IMO)
            ---
            Mailing list meteorobs
            meteorobs@...