Last BNCA Ride on the MBT -- Saturday, Nov. 5th

  • Caroline Petti
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      Join the Brookland Neighborhood Civic Association on our next bike ride down the Met Branch Trail this Saturday, November 5th from 9-10 AM.  This is our last ride of the season!

      The Special Guest Leader for this ride will be Randall Myers of the Washington Area Bicyclist Association and the DC Bicycle Advisory Council.  Like Kelly Pack of the Rails-to Trails Conservancy, Randall knows the trail inside and out and will be willing to share what he knows of trail facts and history along the way.  (Ask him where the Beatles' first American concert was!)

      Meet us at 9:00 AM at the Brookland Kiosk at the corner of 12th and Newton Streets, NE.  We'll ride over and pick up the Trail under the Franklin Street Bridge, ride south on the Trail to its end, go around the U.S. Capital Building and return.  We'll go at a brisk, but leisurely pace; not too fast, not too slow.  The round-trip will be approximately a 4-5 miles and will take approximately 1 hour.

      This series of Saturday morning rides on the Met Branch Trail was a pilot project.  If you have suggestions for things you liked about them or didn't like, please send them along.  There's always room for improvement and, if we do it again, we will value the feedback.

      Hope to see you on Saturday!

      Brookland Neighborhood Civic Association
      Check us out on the web at www.BrooklandCivic.org!