Saxon moving to C#

  • Kurt Cagle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2004
      A new Open Source project has been started to port Michael Kay's Saxon
      8.0 (and hence XSLT2 and XPath2 at a minimum) to C#, at http://www.
      x2x2x.org/x2x2x/home/. This is some of the more exciting news I've
      heard in a while, especially as Microsoft itself has been VERY
      ambivalent about adopting XSLT 2.0, preferring instead to go with
      their own "custom" XML transformation technology in Longhorn.

      If Saxon is ported to C#, this could very easily prove the foundation
      technology to get XSLT 2.0 onto Windows in a major way. While not
      perfect, XSLT 2.0 is considerably less verbose, easier to build
      extensions and capable of group filtering and manipulation far in
      excess of what version XSLT 1.0.
    • pjfjacks

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21, 2004
          Thanx Kurt for your expressed interest in the project, and for
          posting this message :-)

          Cheers,
          Pieter Siegers
          <prs/>