Onclick Events

  • hillmw2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
      Is there a technical reason that onclick events can not be defined in
      then used like <use xlink:href="#mygid" x="0" y="0"/> in SVG?
    • Mathias FATENE
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
        Hi,
        I gaved the solution in the svg-developpers group.

        Mathias

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
          --- In metaphorical@yahoogroups.com, "Mathias FATENE"
          <mathias.fatene@w...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I gaved the solution in the svg-developpers group.
          >
          > Mathias

          Mathias,

          I saw your posts and appreciate your responses but that is not what I
          am asking here.

          I am asking if anyone knows what the technical reasons are for NOT
          allowing onclick events from being defined and then "used".

          In terms of your implementation to my problem I see it works, but I
          don't want to be searching through my svg dom for what the user
          really is clicking on.

          No offense.

          Mike
        • Mathias FATENE
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
            No, No problem. We are discussing here to make difficult things easier. And
            i try to help for free.

            This features was reported. And i tried a solution since the <use> tag in
            <defs> just clone an object. It doesn't clone its events.
            I'm sure this will will be solved in next viewers and implementations since,
            like you, other people had the problem.

            Also the solution, as my script shows, can be implemented without
            difficulty.
            If you put the callback to the function i wrote in the "onload event", you
            will not look at who is clicking what !
            The onclick event will be like if it was inherited.

            Mathias