Re: Metamod not loading in 1.6

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 14 , May 10, 2003
      --- In metamod@yahoogroups.com, Max Riacci <mriachi@x> wrote:
      > I have metamod running in 1.6..:
      >
      > game "Counter-Strike"
      > url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
      > url_dl ""
      > version "1.6"
      > size "184000000"
      > svonly "0"
      > secure "1"
      > type "multiplayer_only"
      > cldll "1"
      > hlversion "1110"
      > nomodels "1"
      > nohimodel "1"
      > mpentity "info_player_start"
      > gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
      > gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
      > trainmap "tr_1"
      >
      > Try to type in "meta info" in the console of your server and see
      if you
      > get any response. If you get response, metamod works fine, you
      should
      > check the modules written for metamod instead (meta list in server-
      console).

      Yes, well I know that metamod isn't loading because I've been typing
      meta commands such as that and it just says unknown command: meta or
      something like that. I'll try putting your stuff into my
      liblist.gam.
    • Ryan
      Message 2 of 14 , May 10, 2003
        --- In metamod@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <ryguyx2@y...> wrote:
        > --- In metamod@yahoogroups.com, Max Riacci <mriachi@x> wrote:
        > > I have metamod running in 1.6..:
        > >
        > > game "Counter-Strike"
        > > url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
        > > url_dl ""
        > > version "1.6"
        > > size "184000000"
        > > svonly "0"
        > > secure "1"
        > > type "multiplayer_only"
        > > cldll "1"
        > > hlversion "1110"
        > > nomodels "1"
        > > nohimodel "1"
        > > mpentity "info_player_start"
        > > gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
        > > gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
        > > trainmap "tr_1"
        > >
        > > Try to type in "meta info" in the console of your server and see
        > if you
        > > get any response. If you get response, metamod works fine, you
        > should
        > > check the modules written for metamod instead (meta list in
        server-
        > console).

        BUILD 2315 SERVER (0 CRC)
        Server # 1
        Warning: Unable to open sound/misc/kickcrap.wav for transfer
        Warning: Unable to open sound/misc/boogeyman.wav for transfer
        Warning: Unable to open sound/misc/young.wav for transfer
        processing sound/misc/kickcrap.wav
        processing sound/misc/boogeyman.wav
        processing sound/misc/young.wav
        Ryan connected
        Ryan is joining the Terrorist force
        Scoring will not start until both teams have players
        ] meta info
        Unknown command: meta

        My console, with the dll in place and your liblist.gam info plugged
        in. I really have no idea why it's doing this.
      • Max Riacci
        Message 3 of 14 , May 11, 2003

          Ryan wrote:
[...]

          You should not log into the game and try those commands from your client-console, you should go to the console-tab on your HLDS server and then type that info.
          That is:If you are running a HLDS (dedicated) server. I am not sure wether it will run in a listen-server though....
          "rcon meta info" (set rcon_password first ofcourse) may also work from your client, but i don't know if the output will be directed to your client console, it will be logged probably.

          Here's the log from my HLDS output:

          maxplayers cannot be changed while a server is running.
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Log file closed
          Server logging data to file logs\L0511001.log
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Log file started (file "logs\L0511001.log") (game "") (version "46/4.2.0.4/2.0.0.0/2315")
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "sv_aim" = "0"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "pausable" = "0"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "sv_maxspeed" = "320"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "sv_maxrate" = "6500"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "sv_minrate" = "2000"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "mp_timelimit" = "45"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "mp_flashlight" = "1"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "mp_c4timer" = "30"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "mp_limitteams" = "1"
          Executing Admin Mod config file
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: Server cvar "admin_quiet" = "3"
          "amv_private_server" is "0"
          L 05/11/2003 - 11:59:53: [STATSME] Configuration for StatsMe 2.6.19 loaded.
          Adding master server 207.173.177.10:27010
          ] meta info
          usage: meta info <plugin> [<plugin> ...]
             where <plugin> can be either the plugin index #
             or a non-ambiguous prefix string matching name, desc, file, or logtag
          L 05/11/2003 - 12:00:00: World triggered "Round_Start"
          ] meta list
          Currently loaded plugins:
                description      stat pend  file              vers      src  load  unlod
           [ 1] Adminmod         RUN   -    admin_mm.dll      v2.50.51  ini  Start Start
           [ 2] STATSME          RUN   -    sm_cstrike_mm.dl  v2.6.19   ini  Pause Pause
          2 plugins, 2 running

        • Ryan
          Message 4 of 14 , May 11, 2003
            Nah, man. It's a listen server. I thought I mentioned that.
          • Max Riacci
            Message 5 of 14 , May 11, 2003
              Ryan wrote:

              >Nah, man. It's a listen server. I thought I mentioned that.

              Maybe that's your problem.
              It's not too late to install a dedicated server.... You can still
              connect to it from your local machine, just add "+connnect
              your.ip.address:27015" in your client's startup parameters to play on
              your own HLDS server.

              Vince.
            • Ryan
              Message 6 of 14 , May 12, 2003
                > Maybe that's your problem.
                > It's not too late to install a dedicated server.... You can still
                > connect to it from your local machine, just add "+connnect
                > your.ip.address:27015" in your client's startup parameters to play
                on
                > your own HLDS server.
                >
                > Vince.

                Hey, that's a good idea. Now all I have to do is figure out how to
                run an HLDS. :( (any links to totorials are welcome). I'll go
                look in to it, now.
              • Max Riacci
                Message 7 of 14 , May 12, 2003

                  Ryan wrote:
                  Maybe that's your problem.
                  It's not too late to install a dedicated server.... You can still
                  connect to it from your local machine, just add "+connnect
                  your.ip.address:27015" in your client's startup parameters to play

                  on

                  your own HLDS server.

                  Vince.

                  Hey, that's a good idea.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to
                  run an HLDS.  :(   (any links to totorials are welcome).  I'll go
                  look in to it, now.

                  That's pretty simple,
                  You subscribe to the game "dedicated server" in the "subscriptions" tab in your "Account" options, start it and wait for it to download the whole pack.
                  Then you install metamod in the Dedicated Server\cstrike\addons\etc\etc. and change the liblist.gam which you find in your dedicated server folder.
                  AFAIK, Counter-strike client 1.6 doesn't even have a liblist.gam and i know for sure that the loadlibrary option as parameter won't get you running the metamod.dll either. (I know this because i wanted to run a BOT (PodBot) engine next to it, you can't have metamod AND another engine library running next to it like in 1.5.)
                  Unless there is a trick to load extra mod engine dll's through metamod, but i believed that option was removed a couple of versions ago.

                  I can't recall the exact filename at the moment, which file did this trick usually Will?

                  Vince.
                • Will Day
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 12, 2003
                    A short time ago, at a computer terminal far, far away, Max Riacci wrote:
                    > running the metamod.dll either. (I know this because i wanted to run a
                    > BOT (PodBot) engine next to it, you can't have metamod AND another
                    > engine library running next to it like in 1.5.)
                    > Unless there is a trick to load extra mod engine dll's through
                    > metamod, but i believed that option was removed a couple of versions
                    > ago.
                    > I can't recall the exact filename at the moment, which file did this
                    > trick usually Will?

                    The metagame.ini file was removed, but there's still the command line
                    option, ie:
                    +localinfo mm_gamedll dll/podbot.dll

                    see:
                    http://metamod.org/metamod.html#localinfo

                    I'm told this can also go into autoexec.cfg, but I haven't tried that
                    myself.

                    Note that any DLLs loaded in this manner will need to support the
                    Server_GetBlendingInterface API routine in order to provide proper hitbox
                    placement with CS and DOD. That is, the same fix that was applied to
                    Metamod recently will need to be also present in any wrapper-DLLs like
                    podbot.

                    --
                    Will Day Those who would give up essential Liberty, to
                    willday@... purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 13, 2003

                      Will Day wrote:
[...]

                      I tried a lot of tricks in 1.6 to achieve this, also the autoexec.cfg and config.cfg, CS 1.6 only calls config.cfg, does not automaticly call autoexec.cfg anymore.
                      It did not really work, most likely the localinfo feature for loading extra dll's has been stripped.
                      Probably has got to do with the VAC story and possibilities to load cheat-mods this way. I can't blame Valve for removing this feature for that reason (if that is so!), i would have done the same most likely.
                      CS 1.5 gets loaded with new cheats every day and VAC hardly stands up against it. Neither doe Cheating Death and Cheater-Log.

                      Regards,

                      Max.

                    • Ryan
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 26, 2003
                        Well if they did remove it to get rid of cheats they did a bad job
                        of it because there are still cheats in 1.6. I know for sure that
                        certain wallhack and aimbot programs work.
                      • Max Riacci
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 26, 2003
                          removing autoexec.cfg does certainly not remove the ability to cheat. If
                          you can write your own game.dll plugin, you can add routines to
                          circumvent every obstacle the original dll has.
                          Though i would not understand why one would like to load cheatplugins
                          through a server or how the original game.dll (or another dll plugin
                          next to the game.dll / metamod.dll) could be affected /used to cheat
                          with your CS-client.

                          Max.