Re: [metamod] winamp/0gc/vac

  • jesse l. dailey
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
      except that VAC doesnt catch ogc these days so... take your chances...

      On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Florian Zschocke wrote:

      > Yes, if it is an ogc version I guess that VAC would still catch
      > it.
      >
      > Florian.

    • gbs05
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
        if there any way to edit somethin to be undetectable...?
        > except that VAC doesnt catch ogc these days so... take your chances...
        >

        > On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Florian Zschocke wrote:
        >
        > > Yes, if it is an ogc version I guess that VAC would still catch
        > > it.
        > >
        > > Florian.

      • Eli Connelly
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
          I'm not sure you're understanding what the issue is.  Sure, you (or someone) could write something that's undetectable, but Valve has made it a priority to stop you from doing it.  They prefer that you don't hook into their client dll because they don't know if you're cheating or not.  Because of this, there's a much higher chance that your hook will stop working unexpectedly.

          Also, I see no reason why anyone would need to hook into the client dll simply to play MP3s.  I guess you could display the track name, but if you want to stare at that info, you can close the game and watch winamp in all its glory.

          Check out one of these instead.

          if there any way to edit somethin to be undetectable...?
          > except that VAC doesnt catch ogc these days so... take your chances...
          >

          > On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Florian Zschocke wrote:
          >
          > > Yes, if it is an ogc version I guess that VAC would still catch
          > > it.
          > >
          > > Florian.

        • gbs05
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
            ok...the thing is to CONTROL winamp...because when im playing on a map like fy_iceworld or funmaps like that i dont need sound but when im playin on dust i need to hear footsteps and what pepople are saying...but oh well...no music for ME (hehe..did ne1 see that seinfeld *soup nazi*)...maybe this could be a futrure plugin for metamod...client side possibly? just a though :)
            I'm not sure you're understanding what the issue is.  Sure, you (or someone) could write something that's undetectable, but Valve has made it a priority to stop you from doing it.  They prefer that you don't hook into their client dll because they don't know if you're cheating or not.  Because of this, there's a much higher chance that your hook will stop working unexpectedly.

            Also, I see no reason why anyone would need to hook into the client dll simply to play MP3s.  I guess you could display the track name, but if you want to stare at that info, you can close the game and watch winamp in all its glory.

            Check out one of these instead.

            if there any way to edit somethin to be undetectable...?
            > except that VAC doesnt catch ogc these days so... take your chances...
            >

            > On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Florian Zschocke wrote:
            >
            > > Yes, if it is an ogc version I guess that VAC would still catch
            > > it.
            > >
            > > Florian.

          • Maximilian Marx
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
              there are some possibilities. you could 'say'  the track name on every track change and you could also 'bind' winamp controls to your keyboard or simply draw the visualization onto the hud.
              I'm not sure you're understanding what the issue is.  Sure, you (or someone) could write something that's undetectable, but Valve has made it a priority to stop you from doing it.  They prefer that you don't hook into their client dll because they don't know if you're cheating or not.  Because of this, there's a much higher chance that your hook will stop working unexpectedly.

              Also, I see no reason why anyone would need to hook into the client dll simply to play MP3s.  I guess you could display the track name, but if you want to stare at that info, you can close the game and watch winamp in all its glory.

              Check out one of these instead.

              if there any way to edit somethin to be undetectable...?
              > except that VAC doesnt catch ogc these days so... take your chances...
              >

              > On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Florian Zschocke wrote:
              >
              > > Yes, if it is an ogc version I guess that VAC would still catch
              > > it.
              > >
              > > Florian.

            • Maximilian Marx
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
                i dont think its possible to write a metamod plugin for it unless you are running a listen server. only way to do it would be clientside metamod / client hook. or (if you are developing a mod) implement it right into the client dll
                ok...the thing is to CONTROL winamp...because when im playing on a map like fy_iceworld or funmaps like that i dont need sound but when im playin on dust i need to hear footsteps and what pepople are saying...but oh well...no music for ME (hehe..did ne1 see that seinfeld *soup nazi*)...maybe this could be a futrure plugin for metamod...client side possibly? just a though :)
                I'm not sure you're understanding what the issue is.  Sure, you (or someone) could write something that's undetectable, but Valve has made it a priority to stop you from doing it.  They prefer that you don't hook into their client dll because they don't know if you're cheating or not.  Because of this, there's a much higher chance that your hook will stop working unexpectedly.

                Also, I see no reason why anyone would need to hook into the client dll simply to play MP3s.  I guess you could display the track name, but if you want to stare at that info, you can close the game and watch winamp in all its glory.

                Check out one of these instead.

                if there any way to edit somethin to be undetectable...?
                > except that VAC doesnt catch ogc these days so... take your chances...
                >

                > On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Florian Zschocke wrote:
                >
                > > Yes, if it is an ogc version I guess that VAC would still catch
                > > it.
                > >
                > > Florian.

              • gbs05
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 13, 2002
                  this is a littled delayed...but how would i bind winamp controls to my keyboard, all i really want to do is  control volume, and sometimes change track.