Re: [metalshapers] well I was thinking about our buddy Jim Bailie!

  • larry mullen
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 23, 2013
      Thats cool Terry sure would like to meet him some day. Has he been metal shaping a long time .
                             larry Mullen

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 23, 2013
        Larry,
        If you have a microphone and a camera that work with your computer you can be apart of a Webinar (web seminar) Jim has this idea, and  we need people be part of it. Feedback and questions are encouraged. Today we realized the only sign language we knew was not good stuff...... I had audio problems but finally found the magic button. Smart phones and Ipads should work fine, just smaller pics. So we have another trial run tomorrow to see what else can go wrong???  we want everyone to be up and running before  the webinar so we aren't bothered by  "I can't hear you"  hey we are doing this with out the help of teenagers!  Also what is a good time to get the most people possible, well and find out how many it takes to crash it???? So far it has been self inflicted problems.It has been a few years since I was involved in videos.  So I might do a shop tour, then maybe we can have a Metalcrafter's hammer day, good chance I will have Ed Thomas here and it will be a good time to learn as much as you can!  tt
      • 32Chisel
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 23, 2013
          Hi TT
             Where do you login to the webinar and what time?
                                                         Joe Chick
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 23, 2013
            Well we are experimenting, but we are on Google+  "hangouts"  metalshaping or metalshaper  communities.  So we need to get you going so when we go for real we aren't spinning wheels "can you hear me now?"  Remember we are metalshapers 1st, computer geeks and video experts.
            Good to hear from you!!!! How many of the 32's have you got done???? I'll  probably will do some online podcast from the "fun-fests" here, haven't taken my computer to the workshop to see if my wireless works in there and how far in the shop I can go. It's a about a 100 feet to shop, and the shoppe is 100 foot long.  I'm having a blast, and hearing seeing Jim laughing all the time..... So check it out! let's get you up to speed!

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 24, 2013
                Yes you will need to join, it's free,  there is an "app" for the smart phone and a program for google talk needed to communicate with the others. Tin hats and the matching back side protectors are always a good idea cause when those with bad thoughts like to try to stick it in your back side every chance they get!  There is a similar thing available on Facebook, but I have not tried it. Jim got involved with the photography groups and enjoys how google+ works.  The fb group doesn't have a lot of traffic but there has been some super projects displayed! right around 150 members. I know some old curmudgeons don't like it and it does get rather "heated" at times, but there are ways to limit what you see from the person or the group, and the group is quite good about separating personal stuff and  group stuff.  Hope to see ya soon on the computer! really SEE ya!!!

                On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM, 32Chisel <32chisel@...> wrote:

                TT:
                    Yea, its been awhile and 32's look about the same as the last time you saw them. I miss placed my tin hat do I need it to join?

              • Richard Ferguson
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 24, 2013
                  I think that I missed something here. What is the facebook group called? What is it focused on? (Realizing that all groups drift off topic from time to time). Personally, I am somewhat active on facebook, but most of that is family related. And is there a google plus group that I should be looking at? I have not joined Google Plus yet.

                  I am assuming that some of these groups are related to metalshaping and/or cars in some way.

                  As an aside, I would like to meet Jim Bailie sometime also, I look at him as something of a genius.

                  Richard

                  On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:33 AM, Terry Thorne wrote:

                  > Yes you will need to join, it's free, there is an "app" for the smart phone and a program for google talk needed to communicate with the others. Tin hats and the matching back side protectors are always a good idea cause when those with bad thoughts like to try to stick it in your back side every chance they get! There is a similar thing available on Facebook, but I have not tried it. Jim got involved with the photography groups and enjoys how google+ works. The fb group doesn't have a lot of traffic but there has been some super projects displayed! right around 150 members. I know some old curmudgeons don't like it and it does get rather "heated" at times, but there are ways to limit what you see from the person or the group, and the group is quite good about separating personal stuff and group stuff. Hope to see ya soon on the computer! really SEE ya!!!
                  >
                  > On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM, 32Chisel <32chisel@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > TT:
                  > Yea, its been awhile and 32's look about the same as the last time you saw them. I miss placed my tin hat do I need it to join?

                  Sculptures in copper and other metals
                  www.fergusonsculpture.com
                • Terry Thorne
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 24, 2013
                    Richard,
                    It has been posted here a few times, https://www.facebook.com/groups/212009922153952/   The thing some people don't understand is you don't need to be friends with everyone, just belong to the group you will see just what is posted in the group.  Or you can be friends but don't follow every post they make. (Richard you are on there you know how it works, it's the others who are afraid of being seen)
                     At the last couple of "fun-fests" here at the shoppe some people ask about ideas and guys who used to post a lot. Well that got me looking for Jim! so any of his ideas are being used and are spoken as the new idea of some hacks!  Heck Jim will say he stole it from...... oh also Unklian is on there Richard Pauza have recently been found, they have been good posters on MSA  http://allshops.org/cgi-bin/community/cfdirectory.cgi and  don't forget the new http://metalshapers.org/roundtable/index.php forum!
                    And for those who don't remember that I have a odd sense of humor this is our shoppe home page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sluggos-Slow-Shoppe/187845251266156   Pictures of projects, tools, collections, and misc stuff!  A free virtual spoon of Marmite  for all visitors! 2 spoonfulls if you don't!!!! hehehehe
                  • Richard Ferguson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 24, 2013
                      I requested to become a member of the group, but it does not seem to want to let me post. Do I need to be approved or something? I was going to support the idea of a webinar. I don't know how it will work, but let's try.

                      Richard

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 24, 2013
                        you are in, it takes minute for them send me the notice