Re: [metalshapers] (Metalshapers): Bender, shear, and roller

  • Rick Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      if you are contempating a rollcage build, the "pipe benders" aren't want you want.
       - the are designed for thick walled "black pipe" and the thin walled tubing for a cage
         will not maintain a constant diameter required.
       - you want a manderal type bender, which maintains a constant dia thru the bend

      as for ring roller, I got one of these Speedway units from Hornier a while back when they were just $100, now $199    (the MFG label is gone.... but likely china built but better quality then Harbor Fright)