Jim bailie Planishing hammer

  • Danny Pascoe
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 7:20 AM
      Jim what did you use for the upper tubing both the slide & the outer part for your hand held planishing hammer thank you for sharing you inexpensive tooling Dan Pascoe.

    • jim bailie
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2 11:01 AM
        Hi Dan

          It was the telescopic leg of an old drafting table. The hammer was made from scrap I had laying around, I think any thin or heavy wall tubing would work I think the weight of the lower die holder & die is much more important than the how stiff the frame is. But then I could be WRRRONG again.

          have a great day!

        Jim Bailie

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 8:30 AM
          Jim that gives me an idea on what to look for thanks. On your newest helve Video is the lower just a rolled edge or dose it any recess in it great idea again thanks Dan Pascoe

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 5:43 PM
            Hi Dan

             the bottom die just round

            Jim Bailie