Re: Reasonable cases of florescent bulbs ???

  • John Buchtenkirch
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1, 2007

      John
      When was the last time you changed out a ballast ? The 8' ers are funny about that as the ballast get old they sometimes cause a shortened life on bulbs . Just a thought . I normally use GE
      Have A Kind Day
      Mike

      Mike, that sounds like good advice, I have 3 or 4 fixtures that seem to give me problems quite often.   Does anyone know if there's a way to test ballasts with a meter ?   Also Mike, where do you buy cases of GE 8 footers, it seems like everyone only carries Philips because they are the cheapest.   When you figure in your time to change bulbs (some of my fixtures are over 12' high) it makes sense to pay a dollar or two more per bulb if the bulbs last 2 or 3 times longer.   Has anyone else had poor results with Philips 8 foot bulbs or is it just me ?   Thanks   ~   John Buchtenkirch
    • D Howard Booster
      Message 31 of 31 , May 14, 2007
        Kerry, that's exactly what I did.  And the ballasts are silent ... no hum or buzz.  My fixtures even already had predrilled holes for the electronic ballasts.  The switchover was fall-off-a-log easy.

        Howard