(Metalshapers): Is this really a shirnking disc??

  • msaforum@metalshapers.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007

      Drew Lechtenberg (hailman) has posted a new message titled "Is this really a shirnking disc??".

      Sorry for a poor picture, but I was told this goes on an angle grinder and is used for shrinking. Has any one seen this before or know if this is true. I'm trying to get better pic and a back side pic. Any help will be apritiated.
      *

      hailman

      Attached Files:
      med_1159633065-disc.jpg (8 kb)

      Reply View Thread

    • BARRY
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
         I've used a tool like that years ago. We called it a spin hammer.  And boy does it howl when you use it. It does work like a shrinking hammer. The one I've seen could be chucked up in a 90o die grinder. Barry

        msaforum@... wrote:
        Drew Lechtenberg (hailman) has posted a new message titled "Is this really a shirnking disc??".

        Sorry for a poor picture, but I was told this goes on an angle grinder and is used for shrinking. Has any one seen this before or know if this is true. I'm trying to get better pic and a back side pic. Any help will be apritiated.
        *

        hailman

        Attached Files:
        med_1159633065- disc.jpg (8 kb)
        Reply View Thread

        The fish are biting.

      • stan lobitz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
          BARRY wrote:
           I've used a tool like that years ago. We called it a spin hammer.  And boy does it howl when you use it. It does work like a shrinking hammer. The one I've seen could be chucked up in a 90o die grinder. Barry

          Barry,
                  I have a complete air tool that has a disc like that.  It is called a Roto-shrink.