(Metalshapers): Re: enco 16 ga box & pan brake 4ft/ ?

  • msaforum@metalshapers.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007

      ROBERT CUPP (rcupp) has posted a new message titled "Re: enco 16 ga box & pan brake 4ft/ ?".

      I just got done pondering the same thing and mine arrived a week ago. I havent set it up yet as I need to make a stand for it(the Enco one was only 24"high-too low).
      The top half is mounted with eccentrics to move it back and up with. Like anything chinese you will have to go through it and clean up the slots and holes a bit but overall it looks like it might work.
      robert
      *

      rcupp

      Reply View Thread

    • msaforum@metalshapers.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007

        russ orcutt (63custom) has posted a new message titled "Re: enco 16 ga box & pan brake 4ft/ ?".

        I purchased Enco's 4 foot box and pan brake a couple years ago. It's typical Chinese quality. Not bad, but certainly not a Pexto or a Tennsmith. The most aggravating thing about the unit is the difficulty in adjusting for material thickness. I plan on machining something of a little higher quality with quicker adjustment capabilities at some point. Overall I'm not dissatisfied with the brake. I expected the quality I received. It gets the job done. The radius of the bend seems to be constant along the length of the piece being bent. It should easily handle the gauge, alloy, and temper of aluminum I'm assuming you'll be using to construct the interior of your drag racer. Would I purchase it again? Yeah!!
        *

        63custom

        Reply View Thread