Re: [metalshapers] Re: cobra bonnet ?

  • BARRY
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2007
      thanks folks  Barry

      jehammer@... wrote:
      the tubing is 1/2" dom  (drawn over mandrel)  john e

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • RKMUL80@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi Barr,
             The Ferrari hoods that I have worked on had frames that were made from 15 mm round tube or 10 mm x 15 mm rectangular. The superleggro had the same size tube but with a thinner wall. Parker steel is where I get all of my metric tubing. I recently made an aluminum hood for a Ferrari Lusso. It is similar in construction to what you are building. I machined a lower offset anvil for my e-wheel to crush my weld line along the center scoop outboard edge in the flat. It worked great. You are more than welcome to use it.  I will be gone all of this week for a funeral but will be back Friday late. E-mail me or give a call.             Rick
      • BARRY

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2007
             Rick , I forgot to ask.... Where is Parker steel? Barry.

            RKMUL80@... wrote:
            Hi Barr,
                 The Ferrari hoods that I have worked on had frames that were made from 15 mm round tube or 10 mm x 15 mm rectangular. The superleggro had the same size tube but with a thinner wall. Parker steel is where I get all of my metric tubing. I recently made an aluminum hood for a Ferrari Lusso. It is similar in construction to what you are building. I machined a lower offset anvil for my e-wheel to crush my weld line along the center scoop outboard edge in the flat. It worked great. You are more than welcome to use it.  I will be gone all of this week for a funeral but will be back Friday late. E-mail me or give a call.             Rick

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Danny Pascoe

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
                I am out of town at the moment and will not be returning until Friday. I will look up Parker Steel and find some pictures of the lower anvil and the hood I made.
                                        Rick

                RKMUL80@aol. com wrote:
                Hi Barr,
                     The Ferrari hoods that I have worked on had frames that were made from 15 mm round tube or 10 mm x 15 mm rectangular. The superleggro had the same size tube but with a thinner wall. Parker steel is where I get all of my metric tubing. I recently made an aluminum hood for a Ferrari Lusso. It is similar in construction to what you are building. I machined a lower offset anvil for my e-wheel to crush my weld line along the center scoop outboard edge in the flat. It worked great. You are more than welcome to use it.  I will be gone all of this week for a funeral but will be back Friday late. E-mail me or give a call.             Rick

                Do You Yahoo!?
                http://mail. yahoo.com

              • BARRY
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 3, 2007
                  Thanks , Barry

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 6, 2007
                    The phone number for Parker Steel is:    1 800 333 4140   They are located in Toledo Ohio. The web address is:    www.MetricMetal.com
                    I will send pics of the lower anvil and Lusso lid in a separate email.
                                               Rick
                  • BARRY