Re: [metalshapers] Chassis table

  • Jankas Auto
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Dan,  Speaking of tools!!! I read in one of your post that you are planning to manufacture some erco type shrinking and stretching dies for a pullmax? How is that project coming, or are they available already? I like your chassis table idea. There seems to be a few of the caroliner type fixture tables around my area for sale. I will have to check into this idea, looks like it really makes a nice chassis bench. Thanks Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        Steve as usual I have a half dozen things going at once. On the pullmax dies I haven started on them yet. I am in the process of building a double headed pullmax style machine for a local customer. I plan on making erco style shrinker strecher dies to fit in it along with thumd nail, planishing, doming, forming ect. I need the pullmax throat gap that John B gave me so I make sure that all my dies will interchange into pullmaxs. I could not use my T6 because I have made my own lower tooling holder & the nut to nut throat is different. Pictures will come once I get it running & any bugs worked out.

         The continental will work great for what I plan on doing. Yes there are better & worse machines avaliable. This machine came complete & ready to go for a very very reasonable price & the previous owner let me pay over a few months as it just sat in his shop at home not being used any more. He has acess to another machine if he needs one. He also knew I had been plucking guys brains on how to build a chassis table for my 2 car projects.  After the crunched r side of the Nova is pulled out & the roof back down so I can put the windshield in. I will start wacking on the body lots of suttle body mods. lots of pictures to come on this.
         The way this frame machine is built I have it figured out how I can raise & lower the body up 3 or 4 feet while the chassis is being build, that way I can ck the fit and shape. I will be building a sculptured 2 x 4 (approx) at present full chassis with 86 corvette front & rear suspension I have a dana 44 rear & complete &front ready to start the mock up.
          Eric Brockmyer will be working on the renderings for me on this project. We have a lot of suttle but different body mods in mind. He has had a lot of his work shown up in several of the magazines very talented. As things get under way I will start a new detailed album on the NoVette project. More to come Dan Pascoe www.creativebillet.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com