(Metalshapers): Re: SHOPDOG 16

  • richard2303k
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2004
      Ernie

      The SHOPDOG 16 is just being setup for production. It will be
      available in early 2005.
      The tooling is held in 5/8" square collets top and bottom. The
      tooling is completly interchangeable with 5/8" (16mm) Pullmax tooling.
      We will have dies available.
      The motor is a Baldor 1 HP DC 180Volt supplied by a DC controller with
      a single phase 220 volt input. The speed is variable 50 - 2000
      strokes per minute. The SHOPDOG is equipped with a foot clutch.

      The function of the machine is threefold.
      1. The SHOPDOG series was designed to do the work we use Pulmax
      machines for. Fixed positive stroke with forming dies. The SHOPDOG 16
      does all those functions.
      2. In addition we have developed a "Free Head Hammer" attachment. This
      will allow for work to be done that is typically done on a Yoder or
      Pettingil power hammer. The hammer is about 9lbs so hits with about
      half as hard as the Yoder. This is still enogh impact do do a lot of
      metal shaping. This attachment will be setup to use the CP pneumatic
      hammer dies, 1" shankk, that are readily available.
      3 A planishing attachment will also be offerred. This will do the
      work ussually done on a air planishing hammer: without the extreme
      level of noise.

      Pricing is not yet established. Our targets are to keep the machine
      affordable.

      Cost structure is not yet determined.