RE: [metalshapers] Tool question

  • jeff and kelly booze
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      I have had one for ten years, and it is a great tool  for the money, the press brake and shaear on mine are invaluable for small R and D jobs, the slip roller is a little akward to use, but does work fine, I have 2 shears, a 52" wysong and a 36" paxto, and I still use the shear on this for small jobs, the press brake is really nice for the fact that you can make really deep box sections with it, my other box brake is only good for about 4", conxider shipping though, these theing weigh about 300#, so it might be as cheap to go to harbour freight locally, pay a little more and not have the shipping charges
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        Does anyone have any experience with a tool like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42147&item=3830894457 ? Is it worth the money with the proviso that space is a vital consideration?

        Calvin

        ---
      • Dick Raczuk
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
          Calvin
          Try and find more space. The rolls may come in handy, but the rest is only good for very light gages.
          Dick

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
            I use 19 guare in mine all the time, granted 18 is getting to be too much, but it works 19 , no problem

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004

              I have had a Triox (for 15 years) which looks just like your picture on e-bay. Harbor Fright sells a similar unit. I am not real happy with mine. The slip roll does not roll a sheet evenly from side to side. The brake fingers a fun to line up (not). The sear is very limited. I would advise you purchase a better machine. I still use mine a lot but it is very limited.   Fred.