Re: [metalshapers] air powered planishinh hammer

  • chuck ianni
    Message 1 of 59 , Nov 1, 2002

      Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 9:06 PM
      Subject: [metalshapers] air powered planishinh hammer

      I thinking about buying a air powered planishing hammer. Any one out
      there have any advice on which one to buy. The pros and cons of the
      ones currently on the market.  I plan on using it on steel and
      aluminun. Any feed back will be greatly appreciated. Thank, Steve

      If you do not wish to receive e-mails but do wish to maintain membership privileges -- simply edit your membership for “NO EMAIL” at the following link:

    • Howard Booster
      Message 59 of 59 , Nov 3, 2002
        Hi Jim,

        Well, I have only worked in aluminum, so I don't have any first hand experience but yes, CRS can also be done.  There are two sets of dies, one for softer, thinner materials and one for hard stuff, like CRS.  It is really the choice of material used in the dies that make them so efficient.  On the TM Technologies web site there is a picture of a shrink on 16 ga CRS.

        You'll recognize the picture of the edge shrink as the first step in the process of driving the shrink back into the panel.   I would expect that it would take only a little longer to get the shrink in CRS, though you may have to put more muscle into it to cause the ruffles to pop up.

        Howard