Pullmax prices

  • Mike Shambarger
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30, 2002
      Ebay is getting way out of hand .Did anyone see what this P-8 ended up
      fetching and with very little tooling to boot . This is more than most of
      the used tool co.'s are getting .
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1769603322&rd=1
      "Being in business is the hardest way to make an easy living"
      Mike Shambarger
      Classic Auto Works
    • Terry Cowan
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
        At 01:58 AM 10/1/02 -0500, you wrote:
        >Ebay is getting way out of hand .Did anyone see what this P-8 ended up
        >fetching and with very little tooling to boot . This is more than most of
        >the used tool co.'s are getting .

        Holly crap! For just a little more me could have bought one from Clay Cook
        all rebuilt with new seals, a new motor and a fresh paint job. Or Stan
        Fulton might have sold him two for that price!!!

        He should have been a member of this group -- and he would have know
        better. (smile)

        Terry
      • doug98105
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
          Guys,

          It does seem a little high, but it's still worth it.

          I expect we're just beginning to see a major increase in P'max
          prices. And I bet it's partly because of this group, not because the
          buyers are uninformed.

          Take a look at the bidder list, Wheeler Machinery bid up to $1600.
          Add about $500 shipping to California making their cost in the $2000
          plus range. If anyone should know prices it's them, so what does
          that tell you about the future?

          Doug

          PS, if anyone wants a steal on a P3 they can have mine for a quick
          $7500 <grin>

          --- In metalshapers@y..., Terry Cowan <terry@m...> wrote:
          > At 01:58 AM 10/1/02 -0500, you wrote:
          > >Ebay is getting way out of hand .Did anyone see what this P-8
          ended up
          > >fetching and with very little tooling to boot . This is more than
          most of
          > >the used tool co.'s are getting .
          >

          > Holly crap! For just a little more me could have bought one from
          Clay Cook
          > all rebuilt with new seals, a new motor and a fresh paint job. Or
          Stan
          > Fulton might have sold him two for that price!!!
          >
          > He should have been a member of this group -- and he would have
          know
          > better. (smile)
          >
          > Terry
        • Terry Cowan
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
            It also depends on whether you have a paying job in-house for a particular
            machine. In that case -- you can't shop around for the bargains we all love
            so much.

            Doug, I suppose you're saying we should have bought old Pullmax machines
            instead of Enron, Global Crossing and WorldCom stock.

            Terry

            At 01:49 PM 10/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
            >Guys,
            >
            >It does seem a little high, but it's still worth it.
            >
            >I expect we're just beginning to see a major increase in P'max
            >prices. And I bet it's partly because of this group, not because the
            >buyers are uninformed.
            >
            >Take a look at the bidder list, Wheeler Machinery bid up to $1600.
            >Add about $500 shipping to California making their cost in the $2000
            >plus range. If anyone should know prices it's them, so what does
            >that tell you about the future?
            >
            >Doug
          • Peyerl Fritz
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
              There is a sucker born every minute.
              I sold a few items on e-bay and can't belive what I get for it.
              Some people buy by impulse and not with there brain.

              Fritz Peyerl
              Turner Valley, AB
              403-933-7304
              http://www.badmilage.com
              > >Ebay is getting way out of hand .Did anyone see what this P-8 ended up
              > >fetching and with very little tooling to boot . This is more than most of
              > >the used tool co.'s are getting .
              >

              > Holly crap! For just a little more me could have bought one from Clay Cook
              > all rebuilt with new seals, a new motor and a fresh paint job. Or Stan
              > Fulton might have sold him two for that price!!!
              >
              > He should have been a member of this group -- and he would have know
              > better. (smile)
              >
              > Terry
              >

              > If you do not wish to receive e-mails but do wish to maintain membership
              privileges -- simply edit your membership for "NO EMAIL" at the following
              link:

              e-mail to: metalshapers-unsubscribe@...

              > By posting photos and text here, you are giving permission for the photos
              and the text to be used on the Metalshapers web site, but you are in no way
              giving up any of your rights to your photos or wording. No content of this
              discussion group may be reproduced without written permission from the
              Metalshapers Association. Photo usage will require permission from the owner
              of the photo.

            • Mike Shambarger
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                Worth it ! well that is questionable as I have a list of about 50 units and
                out of the 20 some I have gotten prices on all were less than this and that
                is with out ahy haggleing . Yup Wheeler did go on the first bids and would
                have had 2k in it but then at 3500 would have been a tidy profit , the next
                bid to 2k was me and with a truck to pick it up would have run me 2250 but
                wo where it went to you could have got a P9SL for less . You are prob right
                in the group and other PR has pushed our own tools up . Whats it say about
                the future ,,well that I for one won't be able to afford to live there <VBG>
                Gee only 7500 , why so cheap <G>
                Mike

                It does seem a little high, but it's still worth it.

                I expect we're just beginning to see a major increase in P'max
                prices. And I bet it's partly because of this group, not because the
                buyers are uninformed.

                Take a look at the bidder list, Wheeler Machinery bid up to $1600.
                Add about $500 shipping to California making their cost in the $2000
                plus range. If anyone should know prices it's them, so what does
                that tell you about the future?

                Doug

                PS, if anyone wants a steal on a P3 they can have mine for a quick
                $7500 <grin>

                --- In metalshapers@y..., Terry Cowan <terry@m...> wrote:
                > At 01:58 AM 10/1/02 -0500, you wrote:
                > >Ebay is getting way out of hand .Did anyone see what this P-8
                ended up
                > >fetching and with very little tooling to boot . This is more than
                most of
                > >the used tool co.'s are getting .
                >

                > Holly crap! For just a little more me could have bought one from
                Clay Cook
                > all rebuilt with new seals, a new motor and a fresh paint job. Or
                Stan
                > Fulton might have sold him two for that price!!!
                >
                > He should have been a member of this group -- and he would have
                know
                > better. (smile)
                >
                > Terry

                If you do not wish to receive e-mails but do wish to maintain membership
                privileges -- simply edit your membership for "NO EMAIL" at the following
                link:

                To leave the group and discontinue all membership privileges -- send an
                e-mail to: metalshapers-unsubscribe@...

                By posting photos and text here, you are giving permission for the photos
                and the text to be used on the Metalshapers web site, but you are in no way
                giving up any of your rights to your photos or wording. No content of this
                discussion group may be reproduced without written permission from the
                Metalshapers Association. Photo usage will require permission from the owner
                of the photo.

              • Gary Paudler
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                  I hate to say it, but every time somebody posts "hey guys, check out the
                  Turbo Nibblematic on eBay..." we're driving the bidding up.
                  I would not favor any kind of prohibition from anybody posting anything,
                  but my own philosophy is, if I'm looking for some obscure piece, it's
                  not helpful to have it's availability announced to a large group. If any
                  other members of that group are looking for the same piece, they already
                  know where and how to look, and such helpful announcements only help
                  drive the frenzy.
                  That's why I haven't mentioned the one piece of machinery that I'd really
                  like to find, 'cause you are all as sick as I am.

                  Gary
                • rnaida1043@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                    snip,
                    if I'm looking for some obscure piece, it's
                    not helpful to have it's availability announced to a large group. If any
                    other members of that group are looking for the same piece, they already
                    know where and how to look, and such helpful announcements only help
                    drive the frenzy.
                    That's why I haven't mentioned the one piece of machinery that I'd really
                    like to find, 'cause you are all as sick as I am.

                    Gary>

                    Gary, well said. My feelings exactly. I too am looking for that one piece of
                    machinery and I bet it's made by the same people .<grin>

                    Ron Naida
                  • sales@ptc1.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002

                      Don’t worry I am looking for something different…a well tool eckold.. not too much $$$

                      John Marcus

                      2301 Federal Ave

                      Los Angeles Ca 90064

                      310.478.1134

                      http://www.ptc1.com

                      http://www.dragnet714.com

                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                        Speaking of equipment.

                        I asked a guy today if he had any sheet metal equipment and he said " like
                        what?".

                        I said "like planishing hammers". He said -- "oh you mean like Yoders?".

                        I said "yeah like Yoders or even an air hammer." He said "yeah I have three
                        Yoders coming in Monday, you should be here Monday morning and make me an
                        offer".

                        I said "I'll change my flight Sunday and head out your way, what time do
                        you open?" He said "can you be here at 8:00 am? I'll have them kick Yoders
                        on the floor by then." I said "do you mean Ercos?" -- He said "yeah that's
                        it -- them Erco kick Yoders for shrinking or something."

                        I said okay put my name all of those Erco kick Yoders and I'll see you
                        Monday morning.

                        He has a brake and some other stuff -- I'll probably make him a deal on all
                        of it.

                        I want to keep the brake -- but I have two Ercos -- so the shrinkers
                        (whatever they turn out too be) will be for sale. They may be Marchants for
                        all I know.

                        If anyone is seriously looking for a shrinker or two or three... let me
                        know off line. I have no idea if they will have tooling or not.

                        Terry

                        terry@...
                      • Mike Shambarger
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                          I will 3rd that .
                          And damn your looking for that obscure tool too<G>
                          Sick , Sick Who you calling sick ,I'm as normal as you LOL
                          I'm sorry I thought this was the mental health for tool group Whoops
                          Mike

                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                            Hands off John! That well tooled, cheap Eckold is mine! I guess you'd
                            better find two and let me know right away.

                            Gary
                          • Graham Burrow
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                              Geez Gary,

                              Too bad I only just read your message now. I saw
                              one of those go by here this afternoon but I wasn't
                              interested. I woulda stopped the guy ......

                              Graham

                              Gary Paudler wrote:

                              <snip>
                              > That's why I haven't mentioned the one piece of
                              > machinery that I'd really like to find, 'cause you are
                              > all as sick as I am.
                            • Gary Paudler
                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                                Graham,
                                You taunt me!
                                Gary
                              • sales@ptc1.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002

                                  Gary..it’s a deal !!!!!!!

                                  John Marcus

                                  2301 Federal Ave

                                  Los Angeles Ca 90064

                                  310.478.1134

                                  http://www.ptc1.com

                                  http://www.dragnet714.com

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
                                    Terry, I may be interested in one of the kick shrinkers , if that's what they turn out to be. Randy
[...]

                                  • John M Buchtenkirch
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 2, 2002
                                      Yep,  I would certainly say $4500.00 is pricey for a Pullmax.  The seller mentions beading tooling, does anyone see it ??  You can't tell from the photos for sure, but I think the machine has the nibbler (note the sheet hold down) tool in it as shown.  If so that means there's no center tool holder --- i don't see any tooling that would require it.  Lets hope for the high bidder that i'm wrong or that there's another box of tooling that's not shown in the photos.   I have purchased 4 Pullmaxs over the last 10 years, $2000.00, $1000.00, $600.00 and $300.00 so I guess I have been pretty lucky because I need one or two more to break that $4500.00 price.  Wow, can you imagine if something really rare like a Yoder or Magee machine comes up on eBay, it will be fun to watch but after the smoke clears I doubt you will find my name in the bidding history.  Well I gotta go tie my bike to the roof of my car, shower and catch some sleep --- Carlisle is calling me.  ~  John Buchtenkirch
                                    • John Buchtenkirch
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Apr 11, 2009

                                        I would think something in the 2K to 4K range for a P6.   A machine loaded with factory tooling including both offset and center lower tool holders for 4K, one with both tool holders but no tooling for 3K and a machine with only an offset tool holder for 2K.   A highly greedy & unrealistic machinery dealer could add 2k to 4K to those prices.   A machine left out in the rain for several years (interrupt very rusty) could go for several hundred without tooling.   These prices aren’t written in stone and the Pullmax market was a seller’s market till the recession hit, it may be better for buyers now.   But I see a few dealers asking 16K to 19K for the more desirable P21 Pullmax, I really doubt it’s going to happen unless Trump’s son gets into metal shaping and he probably would just buy Trumpf, drop the f from the name and give his son a new machine anyway <grin>.   Then I could sell his son my Pettingell for 20K, pay off my doctor’s bills and everyone would be sort of happy <bigger grin>.   I’m just glad I got my P21 fifteen years ago before they became a hot item.   ~   John Buchtenkirch