75114Re: [metalshapers] I could use a hand

  • Richard Ferguson
    Dec 14, 2013
      Could you make a special head for the crossfeed that moves the tool back? In other words, a special tool holder to get more diameter.

      Richard

      On Dec 14, 2013, at 6:23 PM, <keithmifflin@...> wrote:

      > Well today I tried to turn and 11" by 1" think steel plate on my lathe and discovered while my swing may be a 12/13" the compound and cross feed just don't quite cut it (no pun intended). What I have is a steel plate about 11" in diameter and 1" thick with a 2" hole cut in the middle (or about the middle it may be off 1/8" or so).
      >

      > I was able to chuck it up on that inside hole but just couldn't get enough crossfeed room to make the outside diameter cut or the facing.
      >

      > What I would like to do is to make a circumference cleaning cut/s and then surface both sides of the plate. I'm planning on mounting a 3 jaw chuck to it and using it on my 10" rotary table.
      >

      > Can anyone help me out with this no real big hurry.
      >

      > Keith

      Sculptures in copper and other metals
      www.fergusonsculpture.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic