75111I could use a hand

  • keithmifflin
    Dec 14, 2013

      Well today I tried to turn and 11" by  1" think steel plate on my lathe and discovered while my swing may be a 12/13" the compound and cross feed just don't quite cut it (no pun intended).  What I have is a steel plate about 11" in diameter and 1" thick with a 2" hole cut in the middle (or about the middle it may be off 1/8" or so).

      I was able to chuck it up on that inside hole but just couldn't get enough crossfeed room to make the outside diameter cut or the facing.

      What I would like to do is to make a circumference cleaning cut/s and then surface both sides of the plate.  I'm planning on mounting a 3 jaw chuck to it and using it on my 10" rotary table.

      Can anyone help me out with this no real big hurry.

      Keith

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic