Re: [metabase-dev] MetaL data persistence layer module released

  • ejuarros
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
      Manuel,
      I was copynig the three directories. I have just found
      out the problem: I have php configured not to accept
      the short tag notation: '<?'.
      It is a bit surprising that you use those tags. When
      using sax, as you do, it seems better to use the whole
      notation.

      Once I have substituted the tags, I get the following
      message:
      Building files/component.files ...
      Building files/install.files ...
      Error: it was not specified an existing build
      updatefile from file
      ("../../../metabase/xml_parser.php") (File
      "build.input", Line 143, Column 6, Byte 3760).

      php -q build.php cms.component
      having
      <updatefile>
      <from><databasesourcepath
      />/<databaseschemaparser /></from>
      <to><databaseinstallpath
      />/<databaseschemaparser /></to>
      </updatefile>

      in build.input.
      If this is clear to you, please let me know. If not, I
      will try to find out.

      Regards,
      ejuarros

      --- Manuel Lemos <mlemos@...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > On 11/22/2002 09:10 PM, f l wrote:
      > > Manuel,
      > >
      > > with the attached script I get the display of
      > > xml_parser.php and then :
      > > Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
      > > xmlparsefile() in
      > > /usr/local/share/metal/metal/metal_compiler.php on
      > > line 588
      >
      > You are copying just the metal directort to
      > /usr/local/share/metal . You
      > need to copy also PHPlibrary and metabase
      > directories to that same
      > directory. MetaL includes scripts from these
      > directories to work.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Manuel Lemos
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
        Hello,

        On 12/02/2002 06:37 PM, ejuarros wrote:
        > Manuel,
        > I was copynig the three directories. I have just found
        > out the problem: I have php configured not to accept
        > the short tag notation: '<?'.
        > It is a bit surprising that you use those tags. When
        > using sax, as you do, it seems better to use the whole
        > notation.

        I am glad that you brought that up because I forgot to fix the problem.
        MetaL started to written in PHP 3 days before that was an option. Since
        I don't mix XML documents with PHP scripts, it was never a problem for
        me. It is all fixed now.

        > Once I have substituted the tags, I get the following
        > message:
        > Building files/component.files ...
        > Building files/install.files ...
        > Error: it was not specified an existing build
        > updatefile from file
        > ("../../../metabase/xml_parser.php") (File
        > "build.input", Line 143, Column 6, Byte 3760).

        That was also fixed now in the just released public version.