fetch_array method?

  • Peter Bowyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9 5:28 AM
      Hi,

      Is there any feature that will work in the same way as mysql_fetch_array()?
      Or do I have to put $title =
      MetabaseFetchResult($database,$result,0,"title"); every time?

      Thanks,
      Peter.
      --oOo--
      Narrow Gauge on the web - photos, directory and forums!
      http://www.narrowgauge.f2s.com
      --oOo--
      Peter's web page - Scottish narrow gauge in 009
      http://members.aol.com/reywob/
      --oOo--
    • Joe Brown
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 10:14 AM
        Right, you have to do that with Metabase.

        FetchArray would be a nice feature to add to the
        Metabase. Shouldn't be to difficult to implement
        either.

        Think about this though. You are incurring a modest
        performance hit by using db encapsulation. If you
        don't need to use the same script against multiple
        databases, metabase or any other wrapper may not be
        the route to go.

        I yanked metabase out of my scripts and on a page that
        has 20-30 queries, there's a 1 second performance
        gain. Not a lot, but, I'm working in a single user
        development environment right now. A server under a
        serious workload will notice a much larger performance
        gain.

        joebrown
        podiatryfl.com

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/