extending metabase

  • jamiescottmcclelland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
      Hi - I'm interested in extending the metabase class so I can add a
      wrapper around the Query function. I'd like to record all sql queries
      that are run by my application before executing them.

      However - since metabase is setup using a function
      (MetabaseSetupDatabaseObject) instead of a new declaration I'm not
      sure how to extend it without tinkering with the distributed code. Is
      this possible?

      Thanks,
      Jamie
    • Manuel Lemos
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
        Hello,

        On 06/07/2004 10:40 PM, jamiescottmcclelland wrote:
        > Hi - I'm interested in extending the metabase class so I can add a
        > wrapper around the Query function. I'd like to record all sql queries
        > that are run by my application before executing them.
        >
        > However - since metabase is setup using a function
        > (MetabaseSetupDatabaseObject) instead of a new declaration I'm not
        > sure how to extend it without tinkering with the distributed code. Is
        > this possible?

        You can use custom driver classes for that purpose. Just take a look at
        these parameters of the MetabaseSetupDatabase function:
        IncludedConstant, Include, SubIncludedConstant, SubInclude, ClassName.

        OTOH, if what you want to develop is something that could benefit the
        developers that use any of the driver classes, you may also consider
        discussing the creation a patch to be submitted when you have developed it.

        http://www.phpclasses.org/

        http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/