RE: [PEAR-DEV] Database Schema Manager

  • Lukas Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20 6:20 AM
      Aside from comments I was also begging for +1's :-)

      Regards,
      Lukas

      PS: as binarycloud or metabase users might also be interested in this I
      am also forwarding the proposal to them

    • Manuel Lemos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20 7:23 AM
        Hello,

        On 06/20/2003 10:20 AM, Lukas Smith wrote:
        >>I am working on separating the Schema Manager in MDB into a separate
        >>package.
        >>
        >>The idea is that the new Manager will actually not require MDB
        >
        > anymore.

        I already thought of this but did not see much point in moving to a
        separate package, except in the scope of PEAR. Since Metabase itself has
        no dependencies on PEAR, this is not really relevant to Metabase.

        I have plans to enhance the schema capabilities to implement things for
        which I have personal needs. These capabilities will be implemented in
        Metabase schema classes but I have no expectation when it will be done.
        Maybe sooner rather than later, just can't say when.

        Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
        http://www.phpclasses.org/
      • Alex Black
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20 3:03 PM
          > Aside from comments I was also begging for +1's :-)
          >> I am working on separating the Schema Manager in MDB into a separate
          >> package.

          Great!

          >> Also the Manager can call a parser or a writer to read or write a
          >> schema.
          >> I intent to provide the following parsers:
          >> - XML (old parser)
          >> - SQL (new)
          >> - MDB (old reverse engineering)

          Erh? Oh. Wait, like read in a SQL schema from a DB and write out XML, and
          use that XML to create that schema on a new DB? heheheheh

          >> - XML (new, used to be embedded in the manager)
          >> - SQL (new)
          >> - MDB (old default behaviour)

          HARR! Excellent!

          >> - Excel