winni summer release - making progress!

  • winirivr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2012
      We are making progress! We received a letter from DES Commissioner Tom Burack regarding the recent tour and meeting about a summer release. The second paragraph states "As we indicated at the meeting, DES is committed to working with the interested parties to see if we can conducate a 'pilot" release in the May-June timeframe." It then goes on to say that doing so will be weather dependent. I don't know how to attach to this post but if you would like to see a copy feel free to back channel me (Copies have been sent to Jeff, Mark, Will, Bill etc) . I think this letter indicates this will be a go if there is sufficient water. Historical spring practice for DES is to lower Lake Winnipesaukee to 504.32 full lake level – by memorial day. So if they achieve that we would be in good shape for a potential release in early June. At this point the date that is being looked at for this year is June 9,10. We recognize this is Motorcycle weekend but seems to be the best for what DES is offering which is early June. If we can get them to commit to this once, it is a big step in the right directions. Any thoughts? Thanks for your interest and feedback.

      Pray for snow!

      Ken