Men's Health America is a Public Group with 927 members.
- Men's Health America
- Public Group,
- 927 members
Please help us stop the distortions and lies of the Domestic Violence Industry
- Stopping the distortions and lies of the Domestic Violence Industry requires constant vigilance.
This past August, SAVE established CAMP, which stands for Countering Abuse Misinformation Project. CAMP was designed as a rapid response strategy to DV misinformation appearing in the media: http://www.saveservices.org/camp/
CAMP's mission is advanced by a group of dedicated letter writers and bloggers we affectionately call "CAMPers."
In the four short months since CAMP began, we have notched four significant victories:
1. In September, we peppered The View producers with an avalanche of emails. As a result, Whoopi Goldberg asked VP Biden to remind teenage girls to not hit their boyfriends to get attention (Biden's stunned expression was absolutely priceless!)
2. In October, we revealed how a group called Makers of Memories featured highly inflammatory information on its website, such as "one million children going to bed listening to the sounds of their mothers being beaten." If you go to their website (www.makersofmemories.org
), you'll see this claim has been removed. And the group has promised to remove other one-sided statements.
3. Later in October, we called on you to contact Sen. Patrick Leahy to express concerns about the proposed Violence Against Women Act. Partly as a result of your calls and emails, Leahy removed a controversial provision from his draft bill that would have required colleges to use the 51% standard of proof for rape allegations.
4. Two weeks ago, the Verizon Foundation removed its inflammatory and offensive Monsters video. Yeah!
Each CAMP campaign involves two national press releases ($350 each), often supported by radio interviews ($90 each), and flyers we distribute in Congress (5 cents a copy). So each CAMP campaign typically runs about $1,000 or more.
Please help us to continue our good work, and make a contribution to SAVE.
You can donate by PayPal: http://www.saveservices.org/contribute.
Or send a check to:
PO Box 1221
Rockville, MD 20849
SAVE is a 501c3 organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible.
Please give generously -- our families and our children's well-being is at stake. RU In?
Teri Stoddard, Program Director
Stop Abusive and Violent Environments (SAVE)
P.O. Box 1221
Rockville, MD 20849