Re: R: "Creating a World Without Poverty" Author Mohammad Yunus

  • christopher macrae
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 7:18 AM
      hello everyone; I would like to echo maria's advice - apart from 2 epicentres in bangladesh - yunus grameen and fazle abed BRAC - I believe that kenya has the best case there is at http://www.jamiibora.org - moreover it integrates youth and mothers where the origin of ending poverty in bangladesh was illiterate female villagers-also jamii bora now in its tenth year has the advantage of having been designed for the mobile age- it is probably compounding good stuff twice as fast as grameen could when it was 10 years old

      equally mostofa is from bangladesh so if you have direct questions on what his compatriots network he can offer give a better answer than I can

      http://erworld.tv a long & winding road: for 25 years now - I am interested in searching round the world for 10 times better economies of all things that matter most from bamnking to health to education to clean energy- I am sorry that such a search does not qualify me to understand exact local situations in africa but I still suggest looking at these microcredits first as they were designed community-up so the soul of their system designs is very different from what most business schools teach or even what most leaders know how to do - it comes back to can we design a networking world in which empowerment takes over from powering over- clearly the USA has a lot of disadvantagwes in helping with this at the moment until or unless it sorts out its own banking and health and professional transparency crises - whereas if you make friends with the people at the centre of jamii bora, it could be that kenyans could even help obama! also if you are in another african country but one where www.acumen.org does work, then the head of acumen and ingrid munro (head of JB) are completely similar in intent so you may be able to ask acumen when will it styart bringing a JB to your country

      chris macrae
      =========================
      to whom extremely affordable healthcare concerns most

      please come or send someone to june 29 http://yunusforum.net so that we can spend at least half an hour trying to discuss connecvting interests between GRN and health and yunus
      update countdown week 12 - I have spent a lot of this weekend trying to write up the challenge of creating a health service for bangaldesh from the amateur obesrvations that I have been able to piece together from dr yunus alumni debates on this topic
      I hope what follows below is of some interest - naturally any idiocies are mine, and any good ideas come from bangladesh. 25 years ago my father and I wrote abook that forecast that depending hwo we networked we could develop 10 times more economical health, banking, energy, media etc - its my suggestion that while most of the NW -and anywhere connected with wall street mbas has gone off path - bangladesh is the centre of gravity for all collaboration in all these 10 times more productive and more useful economies; so I fervently wish someone from your circle could experience this on june 29 http://yunusforum.net

      Imagine 10 times more economic healthcare –what economic advantages directly and indirectly will compound around a country that designs that most transparently

      Some prep- think of a healthcare system that was brilliantly daring at origin but soon started degrading as tensely productive networks systems are bound to do unless evaluated by compound future measures not those that focus just on last quarter’s monetary extraction of hundreds of different administrative boxed in unit. For example at origin the british national health service was quite an exciting social business but it soon got measured by government bureaucrats instead of entrepreneurs representing people’s lifelong health

      Bangladesh is today better positioned than ever Britain was to design an integrate heaths erode-

      Historical reasoning

      Instead of governments, the country’s most sustainable health solutions have been masterminded by alumni of 2 of the world's greatest collaboration entrepreneurs who returned to Bangladesh to sustain their country in the midst of rubble-  they are like eg Japan’s akio morita except the passion they have designed into service organizations is not about electronic gadgets but how to open source replicate life-critical and life-enhancing knowledge

      In their first decade their first healthcare successes were

      Village nursing networks supporting their discovery or oral rehydration – a method that saved up to 20% of infants lives – key learning embed the nurse in the village- don’t make infant healthcare a big city profession whose members will either not want to visit the village or demand higher fees for doing so (brain drain!)

      Carrots- yes carrots because most village children were night blind due to vitamin deficiency. This interest 30 years later became the stimulus for the greatest leadership strategy ever developed whose story is know to the our 1000 bookreader club as future capitalism

      The most supbprime mortgages (700,000 no defaults) you have ever seen – basically a hut with a monsoon-proof roof, a pit latrine toilet, and the settlement passing to the woman and children of the house

      Income generation for the poor which is very good for a poor family’s health

      A cooperative membership program in which 16 elected future foci for innovation were clarified – 9 of which were health infrastructure connected.

      Knowledge sharing between centres of 60 illiterate women organized across about 300000 hubs around the nation -which is approximatelyb the 18 million female microentrprenurs now connected by micriocredit in bangladesh (enough of this population have now seen their children grow up and as many as 30,000 of these children -70% girls-  get university scholarships with medicine a favourite study)

      During the second decade a health insurance plan was piloted for $2 per year per 6 member family – what is covered is diagnosis by doctors of what’s wrong; the patient still has to pay for most of the suggested solutions though with di8rection to where the best buy is –link. The pilot currently operates 48 locations ; the insurance is sold by local microcredit bank in that region. Each location is led by a licensed physician and a couple of paramedics-typically they serve 50000 people within a 4 mile radius . This health program is designed to encourage positive health seeking practices by all who are communally involved. It is our wish to continuously improve the model’s sustainability and replicability   so that it can be shared through Bangladesh and other countries

      Towards the end of their second decade, they seized the opportunity to end digital divides with mobile phones- now for the first time life-critical know-how and questions could be exchanged across the 300000 hubs. 14 years on Banglasdesh is second only to india in designing mobile partnerships ofb extremely innovative sorts http://bankabillion.org

      At the same time they started the best ever use of worldwide networking and real meetings aligned around heroic millennium goals- explicitly this microsummiting was convened round 10 times more economic banking but below I refer to some of the micro health conferencing is now in its 7th year of worldwide open sourcing

      India’s 10 times lower cost cataract operations curing unnecessary blindness have been proven to be replicable in Bangladesh; also just proven this year is 80 times cheaper drinking water than has ever been offered safely by a business before

      Here are extracts of the plan that Bangladesh is looking at now that it feels it is time to put together an integrated national health service while its 2 world class entrepreneurs remain at the top of their game as well as better connected with humanity’s sustainability alumni and youth networks than any 2 single people you will be able to identify

      Please note that all of the above are my translations of cases I have read (I am sure that you can help correct some nuances; equally I expect you to joyfully evaluate that they are correct vat a common sense level), you can edit or question them- show me  where you have better info than I have – I am here to learn

      The extracts that follow are part of last weeks briefing shared at the annual get-together of 2000 experts in health at the world congress in DC www.worldcongress.com  as well as Hilary Clinton

      Extending successful principles of microcredit to designing an  national health system serving the poorest villagers first

      “The aim is to extend the success of microcredit to healthcare –to establish sustainable best practices for a broad range of health care services for a broad market but one in which the poorest are integrally included.  By this we mean enabling the poor to be self-sufficient in addressing their health care needs so that they can accept but not require outside assistance. This intent will be developed in overlapping complimentary ways

      we will design and develop a bottom up healthcare infrastructure that takes lessons from successful efforts around the world and improve upon them to deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient and sustainable manner, primarily to the poorest of the poor, but also to the non-poor who may pay a little more than the target population

      we will collaboratively support a global effort to R&D new and existing delivery models and best practice on an ongoing basis creating a conduit of critical information and insight for those working to achieve the goals of sustainable high quality healthcare for all

      simply put we are dedicated to ensuring that nobody is excluded from quality and sustainable healthcare services; we collaboratively want to create a new standard of quality, sustainability and affordability; everyone involved in this will see nit as both the greatest challenge and opportunity of our lifetime

      Dr Yunus continues

      What will be the organizational and financial structure of this project? While open to alternatives, my suggestion is to create 2 organizations – one in N.America or Europe, and the other in Bangladesh- this can become a partnership of those with the most resources and those serving the most life critical needs through grassroots networking. The American or European foundation will also raise grants, facilitate loan negotiations, find equity capital and endowment funds, for R&D including new technology’s reach to previously unreachable people, to fund special chairs, host national and international conferences, provide scholarships to students.

      The university or company in bangladesh will be governed around social business constitution. At least 60% of the whole will be owned as a social business, leaving 40 per cent to organizations who may choose other equity forms of governance.

      The best and most motivated students will be attracted from all over the world. Commitment to the vision will be a key consideration for selection such students – as it is in a parallel youth ambassador network of 5000 future capitalism qualified network generation peers. There will be a positive bias towards students who are girls and who come form poor families. Initially much of the university staff in Bangladesh may come form the international partner but this number will be reduced without harming quality of education.

      I look forward to face to face meetings with people seriously wishing to support this project. Dr M Yunus

      -----------------------------

      chris macrae back at usa 301 881 1655 from friday

      I will develop above script at http;//erworld.tv if people add in links , improvemnts etc

      Da: Josephat Ndibalema <ndibajosephat@...>
      A: "men denyo" <mendenyo@yahoogroups.com>, "HakielimuRafiki" <HakielimuRafiki@yahoogroups.com>, "Maria Giraudo" <mariaagnesegiraudo@...>, "Mary Credo" <credomary@...>, "Mpeli Mwankusye" <mpelimwankusye@...>, wamburawilliam@..., "Rechard Freeman" <recardoolpc@...>
      Data: Venerdì 17 Aprile 2009, 17:00

               A Nobel Peace Prize winner Mohammad Yunus is a modern elite who has decided to devote his time and energy to liberate the world poor,the world needs people like him, his concepts gives a view of the fast changing world in terms of economies and he clearly states that the majority are not benefiting from the expanded world economies. He argues that “social business” is the most appropriate model as  it  is opposed to free markets-( capitalism ) which seem to be segregative- he also affirms that globalization in place of unfair market competition creates more problems than it is expected. That, some countries are enjoying economic success while others are floating in poverty, hunger, deseases, political conflicts, high unemployment rates, environmental pollution  and the like.

      That, the global trade is characterized by unfair competition in accessing markets .The author is calling for governments, decision-makers, local and international organizations and individuals to form anti-poverty programs that fits target groups, the author of the book asserts that poor people wherever they are have creative gifts.

      I believe his support to the most in need groups of women is immeasurable,i have just a single day reading the book "Creating  World Without Poverty". UYOGA has succeeded getting  two copies donated by Maria Agness Giraudo and Ricardo great thanks to you.The first time when i heard about the book  i was forced to find a way to get it for only reason that it might be helpful to young entrepreneurs,business people and NGOs in Tanzania,it is most suitable for developing economies like Tanzania where poverty is rampant, we hope to organise a Book Club for young entrepreneurs and various youth NGOs to study and raise discussions concerning matters of interest which might help increase understanding of the book and finding viable ways of putting things into practice. Also it is going to be a guide from what we have already started.From now UYOGA joins Pam and everyone's efforts of creating a world without poverty.

      Mohammad Yunus is a modern writer, let us follow his words b’se his words has a meaning on  our current global situation, the gap between the rich and poor can not be reduced if the global free market economy model is not looked into, there are is a need of a new model which can benefit the majority. I congratulate Mohammad Yunus for his impressive ideas about the world society.

      The success which has been attained in Bangladesh where Grameen Bank operates can also be attained by other countries.

      “I firmly believe that all human beings have an innate but generally unrecognized skill- the survival skill. The very fact that the poor are alive is a clear proof that they possess this ability.”    By Mohammad Yunus"

      Best Regards,

      Josephat Thobias Ndibalema

      P.O.Box 19749,

      Dar es salaam,