Re: Review in 5 min numbers

  • zoom_zoom_ben
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2012
      It varies wildly from one competitor to another. Myself, I've always gone with the idea that I look at things quicky and as many times as possible - currently my default strategy in numbers is to attempt 360 the first time, looking at them three times, and then 480 the second time, looking at them twice.

      I get to the end of one journey (234 digits), review that, then move onto the next journey, and if there's time at the end go back to the start and review everything again. I only do this because that's the way I've always done it, not because it's a scientifically-proven best way to do things.

      There are other memorisers who only look at things once and more slowly, and get great scores that way too. As with everything, the best advice is to try different approaches and see what works best for you...

      Ben

      --- In memorysports@yahoogroups.com, "slaveoth" <slaveoth@...> wrote:

      > Hello there!
      >
      > Couldn't find any posts about the thing so here is my question. When you
      > practise or doing 5 minutes numbers, do You also review them or just
      > going straight to an end?
      >
      > I mean when I practise on deck of cards i don't review them at all.
      > But when it comes to numbers, I mean do the best memory athletes review
      > numbers in 5 min? For example 3 minutes for memorizing and 2 minutes for
      > reviewing?
      >
      > By the way i'm doing around 140-160 numbers in 5 minutes with 2-10
      > mistakes without any reviews.
      >
      > Any advices or suggestions would be very helpful.
      >
      > Best of luck, Michal

    • Gaurav Anand
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2012
        Hello i am gaurav and new to this memory world. Started working
        majors.can any one tell me how to know about GMS for free.

        On 3/16/12, slaveoth <slaveoth@...> wrote:
        > Hello there!
        >
        > Couldn't find any posts about the thing so here is my question. When you
        > practise or doing 5 minutes numbers, do You also review them or just
        > going straight to an end?
        >
        > I mean when I practise on deck of cards i don't review them at all.
        > But when it comes to numbers, I mean do the best memory athletes review
        > numbers in 5 min? For example 3 minutes for memorizing and 2 minutes for
        > reviewing?
        >
        > By the way i'm doing around 140-160 numbers in 5 minutes with 2-10
        > mistakes without any reviews.
        >
        > Any advices or suggestions would be very helpful.
        >
        > Best of luck, Michal

      • Dai Griffiths
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2012
          Competitors do it both ways. You could test yourself using both ways to find your own balance.