How to take the LOSER out of LOSERtarian.

  • templarart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 8:59 PM
      Sorry guys but Medved is 1000% right! I don't care how pure, how
      correct, how brilliant a political party is - if it CANNOT influence
      federal, state or local government then what's the point? Had
      Libertarians NOT indulged in this masturbatory behavior in Washington
      state and instead voted for Gordon then... we would probably be
      drilling in Anwar, electing conservative judges and pushing through
      smaller government bills. Pulling Republicans away from the
      Republican party simply elects Democrats!

      Now - how to take the LOSER out of LOSERtarian?
      Simple, CHANGE the focus of libertarian from PARTY to CAUCUS! Both
      the Republican and Democratic parties are made up of a number of
      caucuses that attempt to influence primaries, platforms and
      priorities. What a terrific opportunity to change Libertarian from a
      weak, meaningless party to a strong, meaningful caucus! Keeping
      Libertarian minded Republicans out of the Republican party has
      allowed the party to veer more towards religious and bigger
      government groups. I would eagerly support a caucus in the
      Republican party that would be capable of balancing the powerful
      influence of religious, family-values lobbyists.

      What about the PURITY of libertarianism? Screw it! America is just
      a huge compromise between hundreds of different ideologies. I'll
      never get an atheist like me elected but I'll try to influence the
      primaries so a religious zealot will never get elected either -
      compromise. Remember that the PERFECT is the enemy of the BETTER.
    • carycwt
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2003
        --- In medvedrt@yahoogroups.com, "templarart" <templarart@y...> wrote:
        > Sorry guys but Medved is 1000% right! I don't care how pure, how
        > correct, how brilliant a political party is - if it CANNOT
        influence
        > federal, state or local government then what's the point? Had
        > Libertarians NOT indulged in this masturbatory behavior in
        Washington
        > state and instead voted for Gordon then... we would probably be
        > drilling in Anwar, electing conservative judges and pushing through
        > smaller government bills. Pulling Republicans away from the
        > Republican party simply elects Democrats!

        templarart >> Obviously you're not a Washington State resident - the
        Senator's name was GORTON. And you trip on your first question,
        because Libertarians DID INFLUENCE the political outcome, they
        defeated that lame "conservative" poser Slade Gorton, who has slung
        more political pork taken from the mouth of your family. That you
        would let a RINO rampage through your Party, as long as it wore a
        conservative ear tag, demonstrates how shallow your principles have
        become.

        > Now - how to take the LOSER out of LOSERtarian?
        > Simple, CHANGE the focus of libertarian from PARTY to CAUCUS! Both
        > the Republican and Democratic parties are made up of a number of
        > caucuses that attempt to influence primaries, platforms and
        > priorities. What a terrific opportunity to change Libertarian from
        > weak, meaningless party to a strong, meaningful caucus! Keeping

        "strong, meaningful caucus" ?? You have to be kidding! The caucus is
        another name for "ghetto" to keep the malcontents isolated from the
        ballot, where real change is possible. Remember, you just accused
        LPWS ("a weak, meaningless party") of defeating Gorton - no caucus
        could have achieved that, only a independent, principled Party that
        won't accept posers and RINO's.

        Enjoy your life in the caucus, templarart!

        Cary Thomas
        LMRT Host
        "God is not a Libertarian, but I am"